“Great price for an historic hotel!”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were on the road and spent the night at the Battle House. We were pleased to have a really nice room and large bathroom (great soaking tub). We also enjoyed using the great rooftop pool and bar. We found the service and the staff, both in the hotel and in the Trellis Restaurant exceedingly helpful and friendly. It turned out to be a great, unexpected stop on our road trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thanks for stopping at the Battle House Hotel & Spa during your road trip! I appreciate your business and glad you were able to visit. Thank you for recognizing the hotel ambassadors. I am happy to hear they provided you with excellent service.
I hope you find your way back to Mobile and the hotel in the future when you can stay longer.

Have a safe and Happy Fourth of July Weekend!

There are newer reviews for The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is a gorgeous one with perfectly appointed guest rooms, public spaces, and a staff that is beyond compare. We were surprised to find that our room had a view and accompanying noise of a construction project next to the hotel. Although the construction noise offered a wake up call promptly at 6:30am, we LOVED the hotel for its boutique feel and excellent staff. The gym associated with the spa was the best gym of any hotel we've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction project.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed the staff, the room, and the gym while visiting the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your buiness and for taking the time to send in your review of the hotel. I do apologize for the early morning construction noise that woke you up. I hope you have the chance to visit the hotel again in the near future.

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July Weekend!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was for two nights in the lovely Battlehouse. The lobby is grand and elegant. We stayed in the new tower area. Everyone was helpful especially the valets. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are good size. Fresh Starbucks coffee is served in the Lobby each morning. We would stay again if the opportunity arises.

Stayed: June 2014
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the Battle House Hotel & Spa while passing through Mobile. I appreciate your business and thank you for your review. I will share your comments with the valet ambassadors. I am happy they provided you with excellent service. For future visits, we also sell Starbucks Coffee in Joe Cain Cafe and in the Gift Shop during the week.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The facility is nice with an elegant ballroom, and tall modern adjacent tower with hotel rooms up to the 7th floor (overlooking a shipping dock only).

However, the manager explained to me that since is wasn't their fault that construction sites with tractor-trailer size jackhammers were shaking the foundation of the hotel all day long, that they didn't need to let potential guest know this when booking the hotel. So, if you want to pay top dollar to a hotel that treats you like a sap, stay here.

Room Tip: the old section (west side) have views only on city streets. the new section overlooks a ship yard...
1  Thank brinksm
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise you encountered during your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I also apologize for the response you received from one of our managers. Although the hotel is not involved in any construction on-site, we could have been more proactive in notifying guests of possible noise issues. To be honest, we were unaware of the extent of what needed to be done next door and how it may affect the hotel. We have coordinated with the construction company and have ironed out some communication gaps to helps us determine when certain aspects of the project may greatly increase noise levels for the remainder of the project that may affect our hotel guests. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your concerns with me.

Your business is valuable to me and your feedback has been very helpful. Thank you!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

What a great place to stay in Mobile. They are remodeling all around the hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful Great staff at check in and Mike on the 7th floor is awesome at service level. Will continue to go back to this hotel while in traveling in Mobile. Room was clean and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank alm08

Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to meet Mike in the Club Lounge. I appreciate your business and thank you for your review of the hotel. I look forward to seeing you at the hotel next time you are in Mobile!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great place to stay while on Mobile. Came for a niece's wedding and wanted to stay somewhere a bit special. The staff was excellent, and the John was extremely helpful and quick with our car. We stayed in a King corner suite and the patio was a nice bonus!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MellissaCook
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel and Spa. I appreciate your business and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning the Valet ambassador by name. He will be delighted to see your comments. The rooms with the balconies are very nice. I am glad you enjoyed.

Please make sure you return to the hotel soon! We look forward to having you as a loyal guest.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I just had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful property this week. It was my fist visit to Mobile. The hotel lobby is spectacular, the staff is wonderful all of them, the Valets, front desk and the bartenders at Th Royal Street tavern. I had some extra time, so I went to theier spa and had a facial, what a treat!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the historic tower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa A
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your positive review of the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the hotel for the night and also experience the spa. I hope next time you are in the city of Mobile that you will visit the hotel again. Thank you for mentioning the wonderful service you received from all of the ambassadors at the hotel. I will make sure to share your review with them.