We were very impressed by the opulence of the battle house with it's beautiful atrium lobby and grandeur - almost as if stepping onto the set of Downton Abby. It was a weekday - just a short trip for an anniversary get-away - so it was very quiet. The room, we had a corner balcony which was a bit odd as it is shared by the next suite and really has no view (unless one were to step out onto the balcony - the french door is frosted so no view). There was one large window which overlooked the back of the older section of the hotel. But we knew this wasn't a hotel known for striking views of the water or skyline. The bathroom,as other reviewers had noted, was nice and we enjoyed the deep tub.
Although we had reservations at Ruth's Chris we opted to indulge in room service. With lightening quick service, upon delivery we were still basking in our cozy bathrobes (love a resort/hotel with bathrobes)
The newer portion of the hotel is just steps away from the lobby - not a long walk as some indicated. Though if you are walking challenged then the older section is probably your preference. However, the spa is WAY out of the way - one needs to walk over an exterior bridge to reach the parking garage to finally reach it. And here's some advice: sell bathing suits, someone is bound to have forgotten theirs. ;)
The restaurant - Joe Cain Cafe - had great paninis and an interesting mardi gras theme. Royal Oak Tavern looked very welcoming but we didn't partake (next time). We thought of dining in the Trellis Room but it seemed too bright and less romantic than we like (for our anniversary).
We are definitely coming back if we're in the area - this hotel is very well managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa, one of the premiere luxury hotels in Alabama, located in downtown Mobile in the Central Business District, across from the Mobile Convention Center. Our downtown Mobile hotel has been a favorite of entertainment celebrities, sports legends, a president, and a king since 1852. The Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa was thoughtfully resorted to its original grandeur and is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. The legendary AAA Four Diamond Hotel also offers The Trellis Room, Mobile's only Four Diamond Restaurant. The Spa at The Battle House is a 10,000 sq. ft. oasis boasting a full salon, eight treatment rooms, and a Zen-like fire pit in our spectacular, tranquil Quiet Room. Host unforgettable affairs inside our magnificent Crystal Ballroom and marvel at our whispering arches (our acoustical feature). Join us in Mobile's Living Room, located just steps from Mobile's Entertainment District, Gulf Coast Exploreum & Imax, the Carnival Museum, Museum of Mobile, and Fort Conde. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Battle House, a Renaissance Hotel Mobile
- The Battle Hotel Renaissance
- Renaissance Mobile
- Mobile Renaissance