The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Houston, Texas
“Truly Grand!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

When you enter The Battle House Renaissance Hotel, you are greeted with the amazing lobby filled with history. The employees are very nice and willing to help you. After we settled into our room we were greeted with a nice housekeeping lady who welcomed us and asked if we needed anything. I was amazed when I stepped into our room which was one of the biggest I've every stayed in when it comes to hotels with a very high ceiling and bathroom with a shower and bath. We took some time to explore the whole hotel. We only stayed for one night but the services they provide are amazing. The pool is grand and located in a separate building along with the fitness room which is also huge. They also have an amazing and beautiful spa. It looks very brand new even though the lobby is styled to look antique and historical. The hotel is so big we were able to walk all around and explore its many floors and see some of the antiques displayed. The receptionist was nice enough to even give us a brochure with information about the Battle House and its history. Since we held the "gold member" status, we were able to stay on the club floor and enjoy the complementary snacks and drinks in the lounge.. Overall, this is a very grand hotel and truly gives you an amazing stay with its remarkable rooms and employees.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Greetings from the Battle House Hotel & Spa!
Thank you for staying at the hotel and for taking the time to post your comments. Please make sure to plan a return trip back to the hotel when you have the opportunity to stay longer. We would love for you to be able to enjoy all the offerings the hotel has for our guests.

Thank you for your comments. I will make sure the entire Battle House Hotel Team has a moment to read your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel. Great historical feel. The rooms are very comfortable. However, the biggest plus is the staff. I mean the excellent location, really cool pool & spa make this such a pleasant destination, but the staff is possibly the best I have experienced. For example, one morning I was returning to the room with both hands full of coffee. Only choice I had to enter the room was to set the chips down to retrieve the key card. A staff member saw my situation and offered to hold one for me, then just used her key card. Not a huge extravagant thing, but this kind of thing happened repeatedly. Just whatever they could do or question they could answer. Very much, to a person, they have a 'can do attitude' and seen pleased to be out service. What a rarity these days. This will always be my first choice when visiting the Mobile area.

The location is very central to shopping, restaurants and the USS Alabama Memorial at Battleship Park. Nothing is very far away.

The only negatives are the 'free WiFi' policy which is very limited (500 mb) or $5.99 per 24hours for unlimited and restricted to one device; the cost of parking- $17 per day valet parking or $16 public.

That being said, the valet service was just as professional as the hotel staff.

Can't say enough about our experience. This is a highly recommended hotel in my book!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Atticusjd
Thank you for visiting the Battle House Hotel & Spa! I appreciate your business and thank you for posting your comments. I will make sure to share them with the entire Hotel Team! They will be excited to read such a great review. I hope you have the opportunity to return to the hotel in the future. We look forward to seeing you again.
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2013

When you walk in the front door and see the beautiful lobby with this gorgeous ceiling, you know that you're in a special place. The staff was especially friendly and helpful, particularly Heather (front desk representative) and the breakfast room hostess. Very nice room with distinctive, architectural touches. Out of the ordinary, in a positive way. One should seek out this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sommersboy
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with Heather, one of the hotel's ambassadors. She will be excited to see her name mentioned in your comments.

I am glad you seeked out the hotel for your stay. I hope you visit again in the future.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We loved our time at the Battle House. The pool was wonderful, refreshing and our kids loved it. The pool a bit of a hike in flip-flops but well worth it. The staff was outstanding, accomodating and professional. We would definantly stay here again. The Lobby amazing and the staff appear to pride in their roles.
Went to the bar for late dinner and drinks, (7/13), we did not stay for more then 3 minutes as the music was too loud and we could not visit.

Room Tip: The original portion of the property is where I would choose to stay if possible. This poriton of th...
1 Thank NWH1969
Thank you for having your family vacation at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your comments about your stay. I apologize for the loud music in the bar area. I will recommend to the B&F team to monitor the volume levels in the future. I hope you have the opportunity to visit the hotel in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again at your next family vacation.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Battle House is a wonderfully restored hotel in the historic section of Mobile. We have stayed here every year for the last four years as we drive from Houston to Destin. The lobby is gorgeous and if you can arrange for a room in the older section the rooms are big with high ceilings and wooden doors. The beds are comfortable no matter what room you get. Walking just four blocks you are at Cathedral Square and our favorite breakfast restaurant "Spot of Tea". The hotel is very inviting and the staff is very helpful. Southern hospitality at it best. Great place to kick back after a long trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for making the Battle House Hotel & Spa one of your yearly stops on the way to Florida. I appreciate your business and enjoyed reading your great comments about your stay. I am fond of the Spot of Tea too. I like their strawberry ice tea.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Really a sweet property. Nicely-restored older section and a nicely-appointed new building. We stayed in the new building in a corner room. These are nice, roomy, and have a (shared) outdoor patio you can lounge on.

The staff treated us well here. Very eager to help. There is a well-equipped fitness center adjacent to the pool. The restaurant was OK for breakfast (we didn't have dinner there). Service there was uneven; nice folks, but we waited an inordinate amount of time for food or for dishes to be cleared on a couple of occasions.

There was one fly in the ointment: The common areas (halls, great rooms, lobby, etc) were uniformly FREEZING COLD! So much so that I found myself running through the building to get to my room or out of the hotel. It was 85 degrees outside, so why should I need a sweater to traverse the hotel? What, are they showing off how good their air conditioner is? Memo to their facility folks: 70 degrees is good. 68 is OK. 58 is NOT!

This sounds like a nit, but it was really a PITA. So much so that we won't be back, even though the property itself is a nice one.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in new building and large and have an outdoor patio.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay and the A/C settings. I will make sure to follow up with the Engineering Team at the hotel. I apologize to you and am sorry that the A/C caused you dissatisfaction during your stay.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I may follow up.
Gulf Coast
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed for one night in July and overall we were very pleased with with the hotel and staff. Check-in was smooth and efficient. Large corner room was well furnished and offered plenty of room. Bathroom could have been a little cleaner but no big complaints. A short walk to some nice restaurants and the breakfast in the Trellis Room was very good. Only drawback was the noise from the river and street below. We heard car horns, ship horns, train whistles and car engines. But, a nice short visit and we would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for spending your one night in Mobile at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I appreciate your business! I apologize for the river and street noise. Being so close to the river and downtown, we do have some traffic and river activity throughout the evenings and early mornings. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again, you may request a room on the other side of the building that may be a little more quieter.

If I can assist you in making a future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at my email below: scott.maison@renaissancemobile.com