“Great room and service - some issues”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Seattle, Washington
“Great room and service - some issues”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and room were very nice - the turndown service was excellent!! The business center was a mess and I had to make the equipment work - good thing I work in IT. They received a package for me after I checked out and contacted me to ship it on - only problem was only one of the two books was in the box when it got to me :( The valet parking staff didn't know the downtown area and said "I only come down here when I have to work."

• Stayed November 2012
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback about your recent stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I am glad you enjoyed your room. I do, however, apologize for the lack of knowledge displayed by one of our valet staff. I have forwarded your comments onto the Valet Manager so that they may share some city information with the valet team and remind them to make sure they always seek out information when asked. The shipping error is difficult for me to determine what may have happened. I have the shipping and recieving team looking into some more details, but at this point, I am unable to determine if the error was on the hotel's end or the shipping company that was used. Again, I apologize, but will continue to investigate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Battle House. As a Marriott Elite Member, I was upgraded to a wonderful corner room in the historic section of the hotel. The view from my 6th floor windows was a nice change from looking at rooftops. The room was spacious with the bathroom being nearly as large as some hotel rooms I have had.
Best of all was the staff. From the moment I pulled up and handed my car over to the valet, to the moment I checked out, there is not a single thing I could complain about.
I ordered room service several times since I was working in the room a great deal of the time. The food always arrived in a reasonable amount of time and was fresh, appealing, and delicious. The service staff was more than accommodating.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone who asks me about where to stay in Mobile.

Room Tip: Always ask to stay in the historic section of the building. Much more charm there.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for the great positive feedback. I was excited to read such a great review of the hotel and its staff. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit the Battle House Hotel & Spa again in the future. We value your business and thank you for being a loyal Renaissance customer.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was here on for a conference, and it is seriously one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in (mind you, when I travel on my own, I am usually in ashrams and cheap hotels).

It's beautiful, the people are nice, and the food isn't bad for being a large chain hotel. And the service is good. The rooms are big, bathroom is huge with a separate shower from tub!

Mobile, the city itself, is to me non-eventful. Not much going on, but if you stay here for a few days, you could just never leave the hotel! Lots of nice little spots to hang out in, read, surf the FREE WiFi (another unheard of thing for large chain hotels in major cities!!).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank for your positive feedback. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa. With our three food and beverage outlets, our spa & fitness center, tennis court, rooftop driving range, heated outdoor pool, and the complimentary WiFi, we do have many options for our guests on vacation or on a business trip.

If you have the opportunity to stay in Mobile in the future, I hope that you will visit the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I value your business and look forward to seeing you real soon!
Destin, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We live in Destin, but my parents live in Gulf Shores soooo wanted to drop the kids off and do a quick getaway for the weekend for my birthday. This hotel is a vacation in itself!! We never had to leave the whole weekend. We were warmly greeted by the Valets and check in was a breeze. The lady at checkin informed us of a free comedy show in one of the lounges which sounded really exciting. After checking out the room, which was AMAZING!! We went to the Tavern and had martinis and appetizers. The 99 cent dip is divine and we highly recommend the apple pepper shrimp...so good! We paid a little extra for a King Corner suite, which was located on the 4th floor and had a shared balcony ----although the other room I don't think was rented because it was like a private balcony. The tub was my favorite and had amble room for two adults and was 3 feet deep. The Aveda complementary bath products were really nice. We decided to just spend the whole weekend relaxing and ordered a rooms service a couple of time which was amazing. Will definately be back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback from your recent stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

Happy belated Birthday!! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and had a wonderful Birthday. I hope you will have the opportunity to celebrate with us again next year!
massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hotels, noteworthy for its history and charm, in addition to its stellar fitness area and rooftop pool. I had the chance to try their lounge, The Royal Street Tavern on my recent visit. The decor is great - lots of wood, eclectic fixtures - stylish without being pretentious. A nice place to enjoy one of their many bourbons and sample the food. I had their pub chips (excellent) and their wings (also fantastic). I'd put these wings up against anybody's. This place feels like a home away from home which is what a good hotel bar should be.

• Stayed January 2013
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Royal Street Tavern and the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I thank you for your comments and appreciate your business.

Happy Mardi Gras!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We always stay here when we visit mobile, AL. The room in the historic section was wonderful and the pool deck exceptional. The location is close to a number of museums, shopping, and other activities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks for being a loyal customer of the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I appreciate your feed back and comments.

We look forward to your return visit!

Happy Mardi Gras!
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the Battle House in Mobile over a long weekend during Mardi Gras. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. An employee stopped her work to take my husband and our toddler over to the "whisper arch" on the second floor, where you can whisper to someone across the room and your voice is carried by the arch as though you were speaking to them through a speaker. Very cool! The walls did seem thin, and we heard doors slamming down the hall VERY loudly in our room. I think this might be more of a problem in some hallway rooms, but in our corner room, the bed was far away from the hall, so the noise wasn't as troubling. We could hear our neighbors through the bathroom wall loud and clear, but it didn't bother us much.

Room Tip: The corner king room had a small balcony and was somewhat insulated from the hallway noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am glad you chose the Battle House Hotel & Spa during your Mardi Gras experience. Thank you for your business and kind words. I appreciate your feedback.

Mardi Gras, as you can imagine, is one of the city's busiest times of the year. We have guests from all over the country stay with us and I am so glad that you were one of them.

If you have the chance to visit the hotel in the future, please stop by and say hello! I would love to meet you and thank you for choosing the Battle House Hotel & Spa.