“Elegant hotel with friendly staff”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Norcross, Georgia
“Elegant hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the Battle House in Mobile over a long weekend during Mardi Gras. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. An employee stopped her work to take my husband and our toddler over to the "whisper arch" on the second floor, where you can whisper to someone across the room and your voice is carried by the arch as though you were speaking to them through a speaker. Very cool! The walls did seem thin, and we heard doors slamming down the hall VERY loudly in our room. I think this might be more of a problem in some hallway rooms, but in our corner room, the bed was far away from the hall, so the noise wasn't as troubling. We could hear our neighbors through the bathroom wall loud and clear, but it didn't bother us much.

Room Tip: The corner king room had a small balcony and was somewhat insulated from the hallway noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I am glad you chose the Battle House Hotel & Spa during your Mardi Gras experience. Thank you for your business and kind words. I appreciate your feedback.

Mardi Gras, as you can imagine, is one of the city's busiest times of the year. We have guests from all over the country stay with us and I am so glad that you were one of them.

If you have the chance to visit the hotel in the future, please stop by and say hello! I would love to meet you and thank you for choosing the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Alabama
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed for a mere 10 hours. However, the hotel was beautiful and impressive. My room was one of the largest king rooms I've ever experienced and the bathroom was truly luxurious. The staff went out of their way to help me. The use of the business center was essential for my purposes and it was well equipped with computers and a good printer. I would love to stay longer!

Room Tip: I received a free upgrade to a king corner - the view was awesome and the room was amazing!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for expressing your great comments about your stay at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.
I appreciate the positive feedback and your business.

I hope that the next time you are in Mobile, you will find your way back to the hotel for another visit so you can stay longer and enjoy all that the hotel has to offer.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with a lot of history behind the building. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. The room had adequate space and the bathroom was great with its large stand up shower and granite fixtures. Again, the view from the window was not great and we didn't think to ask about the view before we were shown to our room. The bell boy was very thorough and got us ice too. The room was clean and a good size, but it missed the "wow" factor that I was expecting after seeing the lobby!! The hotel is nicely located in the downtown area and close to the historic district.

Room Tip: If a view from the window in your room is important, stipulate that when you make reservations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to post the highlights of your stay while visiting the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that our Valet staff was helpful in taking you to your room and getting you some ice.

If you have the opportunity to visit Mobile in the future, please remember that you are always welcome at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

Thank you!
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Last weekend spent two nights at BH in Mobile. Desk clerk was aware that I was very tired after a long flight, so she booked me on the 8th floor. What a nice place! The room was gigantic and the bathroom had both a glass standup shower and a big tub. The 8th floor in the older part is quieter than lower floors. Had a great time in Mobile- Mardi Gras and Senior Bowl. That town was hopping.

Room Tip: 8th floor is the place to stay in the old part. Very very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that you enjoyed a restful night at the Battle House Hotel & Spa.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will visit the hotel again in the future.

Thank you!
Louisiana
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Marriott has two properties in downtown Mobile. I've stayed at the Riverwalk but this is my first time at Battlehouse. This hotel is definitely more upscale than its sister. The common areas are nicely appointed and the rooms are fabulous. Very comfortable bed with sitting area, flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator and coffee service set. The room itself is very spacious and is shaped in an L-pattern. The bath is divided into two areas. The outside area is large and has one lavatory with makeup mirrow and large hanging clothes closet. The bathing area is a separated doored area with a separate huge bath and glass shower. You have the option of watching "in-theatre" movies easily and room service was quick and good.
The hotel entrance is a little hidden one block off Water Street and you can valet park for $17. If you're there for a convention held at the convention center, you do have to walk a bit to get to the center so if there's bad weather, you can find yourself fighting with the elements. This is not true with the other Marriott property, which connects directly with the center via a covered walkway over Waters Street.
Overall a great stay and extremely nice hotel.

Room Tip: If a view matters to you, ask for one. Some rooms shows views of the roof.
1 Thank Hortman55
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Battle House Hotel & Spa!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Mobile.

I appreciate your feedback and hope you will schedule a return visit to the Battle House Hotel & Spa or with our friends over at the Riverview Plaza very soon!
Virginia Beach
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We needed a weekend away and drove from the Fort Walton Beach, FL area for two nights. The hotel was gorgeous and the staff was very pleasant and helpful.

After dinner we spent our evenings in the piano bar (the bartender was very nice) hanging out and playing checkers. They have a beautiful rooftop pool and hot tub with kiddie area and tennis courts. In January it was actually warm enough where people were using both.

The highlight was a trip to the adjoining spa! It was one of the most beautiful spas I have been to. I will be back there again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the towers section in a room overlooking the canal in a standard king room. I loved wat...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments about the Battle House Hotel & Spa. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will be able to make a return trip to Mobile in the future and that you will chose to stay at the Battle House!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The Battle House was in a great location and within walking distance to lots of great local restaurants. We stayed here for the weekend of the GoDaddy.com Bowl and overall we had a lovely experience. To echo the sentiments of another reviewer, the hotel room doors are ridiculously loud. The hotel was very busy and understandably people were in and out of their rooms at all hours. The walls are thin, doors are heavy and so that doesn't make for a very restful stay if the hotel is full.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Malinda B
Scott M, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Battle House Hotel & Spa. The Go Daddy.com Bowl is one of the city's biggest events of the year. I am glad you shared it with us. I apologize for the noise associated with the room entry doors. The hotel's Engineering team is still researching the best solution to correct this issue. We hope to have a resolution soon.

Thank you for your feedback. It allows us to provide a better product and service level to our future guests.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit again real soon.

Warm Regards!