The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Gainesville, Florida
“Stunning”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Battlehouse is a stunning hotel, a perfect blend of history and modern comforts.The valet staff are friendly, courteous and more than willing to share their knowledge of the local area. The lobby is amazing and the Crystal Ballroom is stunning!

Room Tip: Ask for the balcony rooms!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UF_Rhonda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I spend an anniversary night here as we couldn't go far from home. We felt we had been transformed to another place and that we really did leave on a trip. The rooms were elegantly decorated, the beds comfortable, the restaurant was delicious - the best five star food I have ever had. We really enjoyed our stay and will return. They also have a piano bar which was fun as well. The only average thing would be the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JYGM
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a conference and found the accommodations comfortable and inviting.

The lobby is a beautiful room with high ceilings, historic charm, and attention to detail. It really makes quite an impression.

I stayed in a king room in the tower section of the hotel. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had a tub and a shower, and the hotel offered aveda toiletries. I would have liked fresh toiletries daily, which was my largest complaint with my overall stay. I was in room 5231, which was supposed to have a water view. It really had a view of the parking lot adjacent to the hotel and a minimal view of the river (working waterfront) if you turned your head around the corner. It wasn't the best room, but it was quieter than it might have been along the road. I think all rooms have a refrigerator standard.

The conference facilities were all very nice. They kept the room too chilly for my comfort level. They offered an excellent selection of rooms from small to large, and the boardroom in the historic section of the hotel was very nice.

They have a lovely pool in the building adjacent to the hotel (with walking bridge access). It is a nice pool with shaded and sunny areas, a pool bar, a great kids pool that is large, but shallow, and a hot tub/whirlpool. They played fun, upbeat music when I was there Sunday afternoon, and it had a fun vibe. There was a strange smell that reminded me of a porta-potty, but hopefully it was a one-off thing.

The spa and fitness facilities were top rate. In the ladies lounge area they have several rooms to relax, one with a beautiful whirlpool and fire vortex feature. It really was very lovely. I wish I had more time to enjoy the facility, but I was traveling for work.

I didn't venture much outside of the hotel, but there were a few restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel offered free wireless if you re-inititated your request daily. It wasn't completely hassle free, but it was free.

Also, rooms are an excellent value. If I were traveling with my spouse and child, I would have probably considered getting a second adjoining room to set up a "suite" sort of arrangement.

Overall, it was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cnk4
Fernandina Beach Fl
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, well preserved and resonably priced. The service is excellent as is its upscale restaurant, Trellis. Rooms are very comfortable . If you are on the Club floor there is a very good complementary breakfast, in the evening thr snacks are also at no charge but there is a charge for drinks. This was our first stay and we would happily return. Convenient to the USS Alabama

Room Tip: 7138 is a good room on the Club floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MS Gulf coast
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent a couple of nights at the Battle House for an anniversary celebration. I had reserved a corner suite in the new portion of the hotel. The room was spacious with a garden tub and it had a shared corner balcony. The downside was that the carpet had several stains and the view from the balcony was of rooftops and parking lots. I had put in a "virtual concierge" request that never made it to the hotel. The staff made up for the error when the concierge returned after hours with the flowers I had requested at no charge. The spa was excellent and our meals at the Trellis restaurant were good, while the restaurant itself was chilly. Our room service was timely and very good. We walked through downtown Mobile and it is definitely rundown with many boarded up businesses. Hopefully the arrival of Airbus will bring back some business to Mobile.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GulfCoastBum
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I used some points to stay here for our anniversary and upgraded to a king suite in the historical part of the hotel. We were able to check in early and check out our room before heading to the spa for a couples massages. The entire spa was fantastic, with great customer service and, strangely for a hotel spa, very competitive prices. We enjoyed both the massage and the quiet room.

Our room was large, clean, and tastefully decorated although we had no view from the fourth floor (which was fine, but some people might care).

I highly recommend scheduling a tour of the building with the concierge - she was very knowledgeable and it was interesting to learn the history of the hotel.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Texas2011a
Milano
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We didn't plan to visit Mobile but we ended up in town so we decided to stop in this hotel, just because it was the first one our gps found. We were very impressed by the size and the decor or the lobby, truly amazing! Also the room was pretty big and overall very clean. We had a river view which was nice, even if it is a pretty busy and industrial river. We didn't have the chanche to try any food there so I don't know about their breakfast. They also have a pool we didn't have time to try. The reason why I am not giving 5 out of 5 is because the valet parking staff was pretty rude, while the staff at the reception was lovely and also helped solve a big problem with our bathroom as quickly as they could. Another reason of my 4 out of 5 is that we arrived around 3 pm and there was a tray of leftovers outside a room next to us. When we left, 7 am of day after, the tray was still there and I think that's a shame in such a lovely hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple