“Beautiful hotel next to Mobile Convention Center and Historic District-- AMAZING in every way!”

The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Tampa
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in July 2011 while attending a convention in Mobile. The location was wonderfully convenient-- walking distance to the convention center and to the beautiful historic district. Really enjoyed eating at the Royal Cafe for dinner one night (at the corner near the hotel) as well as the famous Spot of Tea Cafe and Wintzell's Oyster House on Dauphin Street (a few blocks from the hotel through the beautiful historic district). I have attached photos of the room and bathroom-- absolutely lovely in every way! The bed was like heaven-- soooo comfy and great pillows-- and I loved the great shower (fantastic showerhead) and even found time to soak in the tub (and I am not usually a tub-soaker but this was a real treat!). The lobby was so glamorous-- it felt like stepping back in time! I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay in Mobile. Fantastic!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and I recently had the privaledge of staying at "The Battle House" in Mobile, AL. And I must say that from the second we walked through the door; we we're impressed. The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful and professional. Our only complaint if there was one would be the staff was not as "personable" as we would have liked them to be. However, we believe their attitudes simply reflected the atmosphere and elegance of the hotel. We will be back! And if you haven't been, then your missing out!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I and my now-husband stayed here for our wedding night. It is a very beautiful hotel, with spacious rooms. The staff is very helpful and prompt in filling requests. I feel like for the price, more things should be complimentary, but other than that, a really nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We arrived one day early to Mobile for out Carnival cruise departure and stayed at The Battle House Hotel and Spa. Having never been to Mobile before, we wern't sure what to expect. I can honestly say it was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. The only thing that could make this place better is if they provided airport shuttles, as a cab ride is a bit long and around $40. The historic side of the hotel is beautiful and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The new HUGE side of the hotel is very dramatic and has a great roof top pool and bar area just outside the Spa. The rooms were clean and new, with great views of the water and boat works across the road.
Very close by is a historic resturant and bar area of Mobile with several good places to eat and a great candy/chocolate store called "Three Georges". We found all sort of fun things to do with the kids within a couple of blocks. The Science museum was a great way to spend the afternoon and is just up the street. The Battle House Hotel was perfect and I have only good things to say. It may be worth a trip to Mobile just to stay there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a ocean view room if you enjoy watching HUGE ships travel by.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 2dogMN
THBattleHouse, Manager at The Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear 2dogMN,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your first trip to the “Port City”. We thank you for all your wonderful comments about Mobile, our Hotel and especially our staff. We hope to see you and your family return to The Battlehouse Hotel in the near future. Thank You
Jackson, MS
Reviewed September 12, 2011

From the staff to the rooms, everything was great. Be sure to ask for a room that ends with "11" as they are bigger rooms with a seating area. Although the pool and spa are a bit of a walk, they are both extremely nice. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for all your great feedback from your recent stay with us at The Battlehouse Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your wonderful room and all the amenities we have to offer.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel when I was driving her to Emory University. We arrived after dinner and left after taking a walk the following morning. Neither of us smokes nor did we have anyone else in the room. After I returned home I reviewed my charge card and notice a $250 fee from this hotel. I called the hotel and was told there was a smoke smell in our room and we were charged a $250 smoking fee. I asked to speak to the manager on duty and was told I would be called in the next 24 hours. That has not happened. I will be writing Marriott. IF you stay at this hotel have a manger verify that room has not been smoked in prior to your departure or you may also get this bogus charge and the nightmare that follows trying to clear it up!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Jeanne B
Jeanne B,

I apologize that a manager did not return your call to discuss the charge for the smoking fee on you account. I would like to discuss this matter further with you if you can please call me at your earliest convenience. Thank You

Tiffany Watson

251-338-5377
Alabama
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed there on the 4th of July. I found that you could stand on the roof patio of the old building and see the fireworks show in Mobile, Fairhope, and Daphne all at the same time.
We tried the pool for the first time and it was nice. You do need directions to it as it is on the roof of an adjoining building.

Room Tip: The old building is a much closer walk to your room than the TRS biulding.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family