“A good night's sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Lafayette, Louisiana
“A good night's sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here after a long week visiting friends in NC. We were a little concerned about the area of the hotel and some of the shady characters walking on the street nearby. The car with the hood up being worked on in the parking lot didn't help put us at ease. But, everything was without incident! The lobby upon entering is so welcoming! It is nicely decorated - simple and clean. I agree with the review stating the hallways are hot, but since we weren't sleeping in the hall, it didn't matter to us. The A/C in our room worked great! Often, the thermostat is pre-programmed to only get cool to a certain temperature. Not this one! Since we were only staying one night, we chose a king studio with a pullout sofa bed. I'm guessing it hasn't been used much, being a new hotel. My kids had NO complaints about it being uncomfortable. The king bed was great. Comfortable and good quality sheets. The only drawback to the room is the lack of sound insulation from the bathroom. I woke up when my son went to the bathroom during the night and again when my husband went. He woke up when I went as well. For the life of me, I can't understand why hotels insist on putting only 2 washcloths in a room for 4 people. Homewood is no exception to this. And we only had 3 towels. I guess they think we should draw straws to see who can get clean. Of course, they provided more when we asked. The front desk attendant at check in was nice and pleasant. The attendant as breakfast - not so much. She seemed irritated to have to clean up and put out more food. The area under the bar in the dining area was filthy! I know the breakfast is free, but this is the first time it tasted like it should be free. We were very disappointed. Also, the housekeeping staff must be limited on the weekend. By the time we left (less than 24 hours after arriving) the hallways and elevators were littered pretty bad. Also, I was standing at the foot of the bed, which is very close to the door. After a knock, the door opened before I could get to it. She never identified herself as housekeeping, but I assume that is who it was. Don't be fooled by the photo of the pool - it isn't as big as it looks in the picture! The deck area is nice with plenty of chairs, chaises, and tables with umbrellas. A nice seating area is right by with a fire pit. I believe there were grills available too. Overall, it is a clean place to stay and I think we would do so if in the area.

1 Thank 4randdmom
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We are sorry to read about the problems you had here but are happy they were corrected quickly. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to be seeing you again on your next trip our way soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cataula, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The location is close to the Downtown district and even closer to the Bel Air Mall and other shopping outparcels. Our room was very clean and the condition of the furniture, shower, kitchen appliances, etc. were great. A majority of the staff was fantastic to interact with and helpful.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Kimberly F
We are happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, AL. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to be seeing you again soon.
Westampton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel was clean, very nice, modern decor, great rooms, very comfortable bed. The staff were wonderful. They were very nice and accomodating, even at breakfast and dinner. The food was great, the seating was very nice and contempory. Plenty of room for many. It was close to the mall and many restaurants. It was only about 15 minutes from the convention center where we were attendanding a conference. Very convenient. I have no complaints. I will definitely be back.

1 Thank Alicia J
We are glad to read you had no complaints and that you enjoyed your stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, AL. We hope to be seeing you again soon and thank you for such a nice review.
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed on our way back home from Florida...beautiful hotel, immaculate rooms and facility. The only complaint we had was that the halls were extremely hot. No air conditioning in the hallways, so it was very uncomfortable getting to our room. Once in the room we could adjust the temperature to our liking. We left on a Saturday, and the breakfast didn't start until an hour later than during the week...we missed experiencing the breakfast...we wish they would start serving early even on the weekends...some of us get up early and want food. We had to go down the road and get something. Overall, a wonderful experience except for these two issues.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience. We are happy you had an over all good experience and hope to be seeing you again on your next trip.
Corpus Christi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We LOVED our stay at the Homewood Suites in Mobile, AL! The suite was tastefully appointed with contemporary furnishings, the hotel was clean, and the staff members were friendly and helpful. Just a short drive down the road from the hotel, weary travelers can find almost any flavor to satisfy the most discerning of taste buds at a wide variety of restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We are ;happy to read how much you loved your stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, AL. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in Mobile, Alabama last week. Its a brand new hotel. The lobby is inviting and the rooms are sleek and clean. I couldn't ask for a better place to stay ...and its a great bargain, too!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are glad to read you were so happy with your stay here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, AL and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for such a nice review.
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here 1 night in June. This property, as I write this, is about 3-4 months old. Its obviously in great shape, and looks to be a different, or newer format than most Homewood suite properties.
Its Directly alongside i65. There is Not much in walking distance for eating, but a short drive up to the next intersection with plenty of choices. ROOM was first class, and internet worked well.

They, like other properties have a complimentary breakfast, and a free dinner/cocktail hour. Everyone here was VERY friendly, and would definitely stay here again if in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile I-65/Airport Blvd, AL and hope to see you again when travel plans permit! Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.