WINNER WONDERLAND

“When arrived rang bell, and service was there in just a few...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Mobile

Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Mobile

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Clearwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

After driving for fifteen hours, we stopped at several hotels, including one other Wingate, only to be dissatisfied with either the accomodations or our treatment. To our delight, upon requesting the best price for a room for the night, Stan actually gave us the best price! We did not have to ask for Military, AAA, AARP or senior. He simply gave us his best price! How refreshing! Additionally, his price was indeed the best price that we had found. The hotel room was large and clean, and included the newspaper. If you like continental breakfast, this place not only had the normal fare, but included hot bacon and eggs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ClearwaterJoe
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this hotel when my job took me to Mobile, AL for training. This was only a one night stay but my experience was horrible. Upon checking in, I noticed that my room was unpresentable, it smelled bad and wasn't very clean but due to my late arrival, I just accepted it and went to sleep. The next morning I checked out and went to my training. The charge for my room was $90.06 but once the transaction went to my bank five days later, it changed from $90.06 to $290.06! When I called the manager to inquire about this, he stated that it was for smoking in the room! I explained to the manager that I did not smoke and that is why I chose that hotel in the first place because it is a non smoking establishment and my stay and experiences in the past at other Windham hotels were great, he immediately began to be defensive and refused to remove the charge. Do not stay here if you do not want your money stolen from you. I had an extremely bad experience and will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business