1. When we arrived at our room, there were no pillowcases or towels. It took an hour and speaking with 3 different hotel employees (including the manager twice) to fix this.
2. Debris (such as an old cigarette lighter) under the bed indicates a poor job of regular room cleaning.
3. Parking was insufficient for the number of guests, and there was no plan for handling the overflow.
4. We found only one working ice machine in the entire facility. (Not good for July in Alabama!) We arrived on Saturday, and it was not until the following Thursday that they were repaired.
5. The pool was closed to guests (with no explanation).
I would have expected much better from a Ramada.