“Service”

Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Mobile, Alabama
“Service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Your new and we expect snags and we had one but the employee went out of her way to assist us. Heater did not work so she moved us to another room. SHE helped move us. Then we had no refridgerator in the new room so SHE moved it into our new room. The morning breakfast was so much more then we expected. It was really good. Thank you for that. The cost was so much better then the other hotels. Thank you for that too. We were able to stay 2 nights insead of one. And we were able to bring our little dog for a small fee. Thank you for that too. And the color of the hotel is GREAT. I hated the pink! We thank you for making our stay so wonderful. See you again soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack P
qualityinndowntown, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! We hope you all will stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
AL, USA
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I knew that the Quality Inn was not going to compare to the Hampton Inn, Hyatt, Embassy Suites, etc, so I kind of knew what I was getting myself into. Every hotel was sold out due to the Senior Bowl, so this Inn was my only choice. I always question a hotel that has rooms available, when no other hotel does. Check-In was okay. I requested a room in the front because I felt safe sleeping in view of the front desk, and so the worker was able to help me out without that with no problem. When I arrived in my room, it surprisingly looked nice and was very spacious. The heater did not work, and the light in the bathroom did not work. I told the front desk, and then I was moved to a room where everything worked, but the bathroom was not clean. I had Lysol, so I cleaned it myself. I did not feel the need to complain about everything because I knew what I had signed up for. I didn't feel safe at the hotel, but I could have been paranoid. I did not try the breakfast, but I wish I would have. I won't completely say this Inn was terrible because I knew what I paid for and my expectations were not high. It would have been nice for this Quality Inn to shock me and make me eat my words, but it did not. The location was not close to anything I was there for, but it is close to a lot of things in walking distance. The wi-fi was superb. I must commend the workers for helping me with my complaints, being very courteous, and for trying to take care of every concern, so that the Quality Inn can indeed grow, which is why I think these reviews are beneficial as well. Overall, the hotel was what I unfortunately expected it to be. I'm not going to say I wouldn't stay here again, but it definitely would have to be if it was the only thing available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
qualityinndowntown, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We thank you for your input and with out our guest feedback we would not necessarily know where to make improvements as we do strive to make each guests stay memorable in a good way. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip and we will do our best to correct these issues.
Ozark, Alabama
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here with my son to be close to the convention center and the Senior Bowl activities. When we checked in, the parking lot was full of Mardi Gras parking. They owner had rented out his parking lot for 10.00 per car for Mardi Gras partiers, so we had no where to park. We were told there was public parking down the road...about 1/2 mile. You get what you pay for with the rooms, but I will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank john316v
as I previously posted on here these comments are false
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Reviewed January 2, 2014

As soon a we walked in our room, it's smell punky. It's smell like an old and very cheap motel. It just got covered with new paint job and carpet. Electrical outlet requires work. We came back from our room on our last evening, our room was never been touch by their housekeeper. This is our very first time to experience coming in to our hotel, still left unvaccumed, thrash can still full, soiled towels are still on the floor and no bed straightening. Luckily, we like to clean for ourselves and our room do not need serious cleaning. Just touch up and this hotel failed just to do that. This is the crappiest Quality Inn we ever been and the last time we will stay in this place. The only reason I gave two stars were I was accommodated with working fridge and replaced a missing TV remote control without waiting long. This is for our first night here. A stop over for one night might be good for weary and tired travelers but not recommending for more than one night. Holiday Inn is just across the street.

Room Tip: Bring your own room refreshener!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelers330
qualityinndowntown, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
I want to apologize for the standards we did not meet on your recent visit with us. I do sincerely apologize that the condition of the room you were in was not up to par and we will strive to do better and exceed the needs of our guests. Thank you for your input.
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

To start with "Newly Remodeled" is at best a stretch.The rooms are clean but the ones I was had were in need of repair. My biggest problem with this hotel is that they charged me 4x for my 5 night stay. A total charge of $1800 instead of the $457 at which I booked the room. When I brought this to their attention they didn't even want to address the problem. I had to go to extreme lengths to fix a mistake that was not my fault. I WILL NEVER stay at or recommend this hotel to anyone again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Lynard D
I have previously apologized for this careless mistake that the desk clerk made and that person is no longer with my team, I also corrected the problem with in minutes of it happening as well as contacting your bank . I do sincerely apologize for the severity of this inconvenience and have responded to your other comments via Choice and E-mail. The rooms have all been updated with in the last two years as well as the rest of the property. I am sorry they did not meet or exceed your needs and expectations and once again I do apologize!
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business at the the Austal shipyard. The front desk was very friendly and helpful as far as directing me to to restaurants and shopping needs. The housekeeping staff well exceeded my expectations and provided me with all I requested. The Building is old and has a bit of a musty smell (as all old buildings do) however, the rooms have been recently remodeled and were very comfortable (I recommend an inside corner room as they are very roomy compared to the regular rooms). The price was better then most other rooms around the area and the location was terrific. I gave them a three star rating as an overall experience, however, the service I received was worth 4 stars due to the housekeeping staff and the friendliness of the front desk.

Room Tip: 218 or any inside corner room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive input we really appreciate you staying with us and hope that we will see you again soon!
D'Iberville, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter had a dance workshop at the Convention Center in Mobile, the distance between the hotel and convention center was great. However, the adjoining room next to us had no door knob and anyone could have came in and out of it. The receptionist let us know that someone had broke it and it has been like that for 2 weeks. She offered to move us to the 4th floor but the elevator was not working. The television had only 2 channels, the bathroom still had a washcloth hanging on the shower rack. We ended up leaving that night and going elsewhere, supposedly they are refunding the money back on my card.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Reneemd2013
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I will start off by saying I do sincerely apologize for the housekeeping expectations not being met in your room and I will definitly take that up with my staff. AS far as the TV issue we are having the last few days I have spoken with our satellite company and it is being taken care of as quickly as possible. The room next to yours had a loose wire in the lock and is being replaced however that door is secure and you can not enter it at this time. I have refunded your stay and once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred when you checked in with us and I do hope that at a later time on a trip to beautiful Mobile you will consider staying with us again!