“The worse Quality Inn!”

Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“The worse Quality Inn!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

As soon a we walked in our room, it's smell punky. It's smell like an old and very cheap motel. It just got covered with new paint job and carpet. Electrical outlet requires work. We came back from our room on our last evening, our room was never been touch by their housekeeper. This is our very first time to experience coming in to our hotel, still left unvaccumed, thrash can still full, soiled towels are still on the floor and no bed straightening. Luckily, we like to clean for ourselves and our room do not need serious cleaning. Just touch up and this hotel failed just to do that. This is the crappiest Quality Inn we ever been and the last time we will stay in this place. The only reason I gave two stars were I was accommodated with working fridge and replaced a missing TV remote control without waiting long. This is for our first night here. A stop over for one night might be good for weary and tired travelers but not recommending for more than one night. Holiday Inn is just across the street.

Room Tip: Bring your own room refreshener!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelers330
qualityinndowntown, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
I want to apologize for the standards we did not meet on your recent visit with us. I do sincerely apologize that the condition of the room you were in was not up to par and we will strive to do better and exceed the needs of our guests. Thank you for your input.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

To start with "Newly Remodeled" is at best a stretch.The rooms are clean but the ones I was had were in need of repair. My biggest problem with this hotel is that they charged me 4x for my 5 night stay. A total charge of $1800 instead of the $457 at which I booked the room. When I brought this to their attention they didn't even want to address the problem. I had to go to extreme lengths to fix a mistake that was not my fault. I WILL NEVER stay at or recommend this hotel to anyone again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Lynard D
I have previously apologized for this careless mistake that the desk clerk made and that person is no longer with my team, I also corrected the problem with in minutes of it happening as well as contacting your bank . I do sincerely apologize for the severity of this inconvenience and have responded to your other comments via Choice and E-mail. The rooms have all been updated with in the last two years as well as the rest of the property. I am sorry they did not meet or exceed your needs and expectations and once again I do apologize!
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business at the the Austal shipyard. The front desk was very friendly and helpful as far as directing me to to restaurants and shopping needs. The housekeeping staff well exceeded my expectations and provided me with all I requested. The Building is old and has a bit of a musty smell (as all old buildings do) however, the rooms have been recently remodeled and were very comfortable (I recommend an inside corner room as they are very roomy compared to the regular rooms). The price was better then most other rooms around the area and the location was terrific. I gave them a three star rating as an overall experience, however, the service I received was worth 4 stars due to the housekeeping staff and the friendliness of the front desk.

Room Tip: 218 or any inside corner room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive input we really appreciate you staying with us and hope that we will see you again soon!
D'Iberville, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter had a dance workshop at the Convention Center in Mobile, the distance between the hotel and convention center was great. However, the adjoining room next to us had no door knob and anyone could have came in and out of it. The receptionist let us know that someone had broke it and it has been like that for 2 weeks. She offered to move us to the 4th floor but the elevator was not working. The television had only 2 channels, the bathroom still had a washcloth hanging on the shower rack. We ended up leaving that night and going elsewhere, supposedly they are refunding the money back on my card.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Reneemd2013
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
I will start off by saying I do sincerely apologize for the housekeeping expectations not being met in your room and I will definitly take that up with my staff. AS far as the TV issue we are having the last few days I have spoken with our satellite company and it is being taken care of as quickly as possible. The room next to yours had a loose wire in the lock and is being replaced however that door is secure and you can not enter it at this time. I have refunded your stay and once again I do apologize for the inconvenience you incurred when you checked in with us and I do hope that at a later time on a trip to beautiful Mobile you will consider staying with us again!
Orange, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Upon arriving at the property, I was given a friendly greeting by the evening clerk. Upon entering our ground floor room, we noticed a musty smell. I wasn't too surprised, as our climate down south can be humid, and this was a property with no basement. So, we essentially were entering a basement level room. I turned on the a/c and the musty smell dissipated as I expected it would. The room appeared to be newly remodeled, and in good repair. We found the beds to be comfortable. The tv was a flat-screen, and appeared to be new. The lower channels came in clear, but the higher channels were either fuzzy or distorted. The high-speed WiFi worked well. The only problem I found with the room was, it was supposed to be a handicapped room. However, apparently the re-modelers either weren't told, or didn't read the door sign outside the room. There were NO accessible features in the room. Fortunately, I am not currently in a wheelchair, and my disability was not as limiting as it can be at times. So, I was able to get by. Breakfast was standard, and sufficient. On my visit, it included eggs, ham, two kinds of muffins, white and whole wheat bread for toast, english muffins, cheerios and froot loops, coffee, and juice. My wife thought that the juice didn't taste like it was mixing quite right. The day clerk was also friendly as well. Also of note, the pool looked like it was out of service for repair.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and question them about the accessible features in a handicapped room, if you should...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We hope you will stay with us again and thank you so much for your input. Our pool at this time is being replastered during this cold month so i do apologize for that inconvenience. Also we will be looking at making more handicap accessible rooms available.
United kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived in Mobile without a hotel booked, ended up here due to wanting somewhere convenient to downtown after a long drive and we had a coupon from a booklet picked up at the Alabama welcome centre and it looked a lot cheaper in price than other downtown hotels.

Hotel - It looks nice from the outside, but truth is its a bit tired, we had no issues with cleanliness etc, it just needs an update and some money spent on it.

Room - As you would expect, for the price it was nothing special, but was clean and I could park the car right outside the doot, there didn't appear to be many people staying here on what was a Saturday night so perhaps we got the best rooms looking at other reviews, but I had no complaint.

Location. A few blocks from the main drag with a few retaurants and bars etc, area felt safe even at night.

Amenities. Room was fine, car park was big and secure, didn't use swimming pool although it didn't look anything special. breakfast was a bit poor, the hot food looked like it had been out since 7.30 am and it was now 9.30am, but to be fair most hotels that supply the "free" breakfast aren't much better I usually just have a cup of coffee or juice etc and it saves a few dollars in stopping somewhere.

All in all the hotel was nothing to write home about, but I had no problems with it, again could do with some money spent on it, it does have character and it could be good given a makeover, if you want to stay in downtown Mobile and don't want to spend much then this place is fine

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HantsFlyer
qualityinndowntown, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We thank you for your input. With out our guest feed back we would not realize sometimes what areas we need to work on!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Positives: Location is great. Beds were clean and comfortable.
Negatives: Floor filthy, my kids walked around the room barefoot for one hour, and the bottoms of their feet were black. From then on, they had to wear their shoes unless they were in bed. Bathroom floor was dirty, toilet had a "special" way to flush, or it didn't work. The tub / shower drained so slowly that at the end of the shower, there was about 3-4 inches of water in the tub. The fridge in the room had someone else's half eaten food in it. We were on vacation, and looking forward to letting the kids swim in the pool. It was green and scummy when we got there, and green and scummy when we left. We were told that it was being worked on, but we never saw anyone doing anything to the pool during our stay. The elevator was broken, and we had to drag our luggage up the stairs to our room. We were again told that it was being worked on, but we never saw anyone doing anything to it. The continental breakfast was of very poor quality - stale bread and bagels, a few cartons of yogurt, one choice of cereal, dirty containers that looked like they had had something in them, but were empty when we got there, and never re-filled while we were in the room. The trash was overflowing, the floor was sticky under our feet, the tables were never wiped down and lots of people through the little area. The gate to the parking lot was broken and left wide open (not wise in a downtown area). The housekeeping staff were using WalMart shopping carts to carry their linens and cleaning supplies. We won't be staying in a Quality Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S C
qualityinndowntown, Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I do apologize that you were not happy with your stay. WE will be taking care of the carpet issues this week and we do offer the Quality "Choice" Standard breakfast each day. I am sorry that it did not exceede your standards.