“convenient location in old Mobile”

Quality Inn Downtown Historic District
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Ripley, Ohio, United States
“convenient location in old Mobile”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Friendly staff, working in a pig with way too much lipstick, plumbing, electrical problems. great location & price. deodorizer used in windowless rooms a bit much to take. room cleaning staff needs proper management

Room Tip: check room first
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
This is a very old hotel structure wise but all the rooms have been redone and yes the plumbing and electrical did have some issues with the hotel at full capacity and I do sincerely apologize for that. We have all maintenance underway this week to rectify this problem. Thank you for staying wth us and we hope to see you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is dirty and smells. The location is great, otherwise it's a complete dump. Gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned yet (not a one time occurence happened to someone else the following day). The electric kept going out (granted it was packed because of the godaddy bowl, so maybe couldn't handle full occupancy). The shower curtain had mold on it and the water was lukewarm at best. Will not be staying here in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Check in time is at 3pm, Friday , Saturday and Sunday people were trying to check in from 8am in the morning on. We notified these people that their rooms were not clean and reay yet...yet, people still went on to the rooms. I apologize for the unpleasant stay you had but other than the things guest were doing in their rooms I have yet to have a room that smells and has a modly shower curtain. We wash all linens including shower curtains weekly. Hopefully next time you will be happier staying somewhere else. Out of the 131 rooms rented soid for four days the problems were very minimal. The hotel has been recently renovated along with the property...It is far from a dump
Marianna, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our family has been staying at this hotel during Mardi Gras for well over 25 years. We (my husband, myself and our 2 kids) had our rooms for about 5 years and moved about 3 hours away and tried to give up our Mardi Gras tradition. Needless to say it didn't work and I booked my room today. We missed 2 years of Mardi Gras and I was miserable both years. I am very anxious to see the renovations and hope to have as great of a time as we have always had. We have never had any issues staying here that the staff has not taken care of as soon as we notified them. It sounds like things are even better than they were before and I can't wait to check in on Feb. 10th. All of my grandchildren are so excited about their first Mardi Gras at our favorite hotel.

Room Tip: This is the best hotel in Mobile during Mardi Gras. It is safer for the kids to be outside since th...
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shel0467
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are ready for you! Getting the final touches done this week and we are ready to party!I can not wait to have you guys stay with us! wew hoo!
Ypsilanti
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel has just been renovated and they still need to work out a lot go kinks. A very good place to start is with the cleaning staff. A few hours devoted to training would go a long way I am sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
You and your husband were so nice. I truely apologize for the new housekeeping that needed some better training and work ethic. I can guarantee you that problem has been fixed. I hope you have a great new years!
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Mrs. Burdine (manager) and staff were very courteous and helpful during my entire stay. It is my understanding that the NEW owners are the Patel family which have recently bought and refurbished the entire hotel. (It even has that new car err, hotel smell). The AC/heat unit worked perfectly in that when you set the temperture at where you wanted, it actually came to that degrees and stayed without on/off annoyances. The complimentary breakfast will start your day right if you are into nutrition not greese and fatty foods.
The pictures of the rooms that Trip Advisor posted are accurate, so I posted pics of the surrounding areas. I felt comfortable walking in the city day or night and recommend the hotel, even for the most demanding traveler.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirk F
Thank You so much for the great review! You were definitly one of the most pleasant guest we have had so far! I hope you will come back to stay with us again soon!
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We avoid most Choice Hotels like the plague as they are usually old and run down but mostly because of the Choice Rewards program. Most Choice hotels either say they don't know how to credit air miles or just refuse to do so. The friendly helpful desk clerk here said "I know how" and proceeded to do so. It didn't matter. We ended up with useless Choice points anyway. I don't know why Choice Hotels uses its reward program to drive customers away.
The location of this hotel is great. The staff is friendly and helpful. The building is still being renovated and should come out nice but some of the work appears shoddy. Our bathroom faucet and toilet seat ware not really attached. Breakfast was decent except for the minor problem that they ran out of bacon and eggs. At the price I would stay again as (unlike most Choice Hotels) the low price was not a ripoff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am so sorry your airline miles did not go threw, I will do my very best to fix this problem! I also apologize for your other inconveniences, we will do our very best to improve and hopefully next time you stay with us it will be even more enjoyable! I will say you were a very pleasant guest and I thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us! We hope to see you again on your trip back!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice to see this once again open. They cheeped out on breakfast and have not completed renovation not a lot of attrition to detail. Paint overspray on floors The room was nice and clean. I will be back. I hope your complete by my next stay.

• Stayed November 2012
qualityinndowntown, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Historic District, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Now that our renovations are complete and things are definitly looking much better around the property i hope you will come stay with us again soon!