“Move killed this Place, it is horrible and they don't give a damn”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #300 of 686 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Corporate Outback really needs to investigate this location as this place has fallen off a cliff. It used to be one of our favorite restaurants. My son loved it and we ate their at least 20 -30 times a year. No more, since it has changed locations from Montimer by Home Depot to Airport by Cspire the customer service has been horrific. We have eaten at the new location about 10 times since the move, and we have been able to get out once within an hour and a half once, and it usually takes over two hours even at lunch. Even when the place is empty it has taken two hours plus on simple orders. The food has generally been fine, but when there are 20 to 30 minute gaps in service it simply destroys the meal. I don't know whether the Kitchen is too small, wait staff is undermanned, the place is too big, the new lunch times have screwed them up, etc they have a new terrible manager or what but this place has gone downhill at warp speed. Six months from being a great well run place to this garbage. Tonight my son and I arrived at 6:30 pm for dinner. We were greeted properly and seated timely and our order taken promptly. Better than most recent visits. Then 25 minutes later the bread and our drinks arrived, an other 30 minutes and my salad, not the one I ordered gets there, another 15 minutes and the correct salad arrives, then an hour and half after our arrival our meal arrives. It is literally faster to eat at Ruth Chris now. Then the "to go" arrives at over two hours and when I get home I discover the forgot the steak and potato. I called to talk to the manager and of course I was put on hold and then said he was coming to take call in the office and you guessed it 30 minutes later I gave up and hung up. Just like we have given up on this place. (This is interesting also as we have no been approached by a manager and ask how everything was going once at this location when it was almost every visit at the prior location.) The people next to us were also frustrated and complaining about waiting 30 minutes to get the check. I would swear that it must be under new ownership or something but the name is the same. It has been this same pattern each and every visit so this can not simply be a bad waitress. Hell some of them or same people that used to wait on us at the old location. It is simply an exercise in frustration now each and every visit now. It is really a shame. They have destroyed one of out favorite family steak houses.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The wait staff all goes to the back of house together.
Had to wait to onorder while previous unhappy customer was talked to.
Salads much smaller than Outback standards,
Manager tried to make it right, but Wait person, overrode his attempts.

Went to discuss to Proprietor, who was on-site, and did not introduce himself. The wait person, talked to him in front of me, she overrode both the Managers and the Proprietor.
Then, he called me a liar, not TVonce, but twice,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The new building on Airport Blvd. looks great. It's very modern and a very different feel from the former location. The outside seating looks nice. My husband and I both had a ribeye which was excellent although small; however, we did choose the smaller of the 2 choices. The service was good. Seating time was a little slow, but overall very good experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Order was on time. Waitress to credit card in to run and I didn't see here for over ten minutes. Nobody else was waiting for food. Nobody else waiting for service. Finally saw manger and asked him to come to my vehicle, he did. I thought he would be more receptive, wrong. I told him I have been waiting, now over ten minutes for my card back. He said she was busy and was having troubles with running card. I can tell you ....... She did not run my card but spend now over fifteen minutes on the phone. Well he finally ran my card, no issues. No tip. And the food was cold. The place was dead for a Monday night and I can tell y'all this isn't the first time this has happened.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Me and husband has used this restaurant for our monthly date night and it has been delightful and The good service makes it all The better

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!