Tripadvisor

“Disappointing”

El Giro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #213 of 720 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Ordered the lunch fajitas. Very disappointed. Very small portions, very bland seasoning, not exactly "terrible" but totally underwhelming and disappointing. Service was sluggish and the forks were AWFUL I got one and the tines each went in a different direction, the 2nd one was totally flat. I won't go back, there are too many good Mexican restaurants to bother with hoping they will improve.

Date of visit: January 2020
juanjY2074BP, Owner at El Giro Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi DiDreams, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, and hope you'll give us another chance.

Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed October 8, 2019

They promote the restaurant as authentic Mexican,well, I would not like to be stuck in the part of Latin America that claims this food for their own! The only reason I rated this place as poor is because the chips and salsa are free and adequate and the pre made Margaritas will get you buzzed! I have been to this place a couple of times thinking that it has to bet better than the last visit and unfortunately, I was quite wrong...it got worse. I ordered a basic, classic cheese and onion enchilada with red sauce and a chilie rellino. An enchilada should have cheddar or queso fresco inside along with the onions. Mine had some awful excuse for cheeze whiz and raw onions in a bowl on the side. The red sauce was so sweet it was sickening. A rellino is supposed to be a whole Anaheim chili stuffed with Monterey Jack or queso fresco, dredged in masa and dipped in fluffy beaten egg then fried! Not here evidently! Mine was a half of some sort of canned pepper with beans and meat on top smothered in a green chili salsa. It looked like baby vomit! I can not understand why the folks in Alabama seem to like this poor excuse for Mexican food. I will just continue to cook my own at home where it is good and would beat anything at this restaurant hands down.

Date of visit: September 2019
Juan J, Owner at El Giro Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2019

Misty H - Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. Please contact us to tell us how we can improve upon our service.

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

PERFECT! Clean, friendly, and delicious! The cheese dip is yummy. Tell Juan the Kentucky family sent you.

Date of visit: May 2019
Juan J, Owner at El Giro Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

I appreciate your feedback, Lonas5, and look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

We're frequent visitors and when our grandson is with us, they make a virgin strawberry daiquiri as soon as they see him. Our granddaughter (6) was visiting and wanted "what her cousin Tanner had." Nothing fancy. Great service, friendly staff and reasonable prices.

Date of visit: April 2019
Juan J, Owner at El Giro Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Thanks! We appreciate the review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2019

Used to be a good place but not anymore. Jorge, a waiter, decided after a round of very bad service to berate my wife and daughter in the middle of the dining room for leaving no tip. My wife explained but he yelled at and humiliated her in the middle of the restaurant. He then followed them outside. She explained the rude service, order wrong twice, and ignoring them. A follow up call to management yielded no apology.

Date of visit: March 2019
Juan J, Owner at El Giro Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Hi John W, we're sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We hope that you'll consider giving us another chance in the future.