“Disappointed”

Dreamland Bar-b-que
Ranked #29 of 680 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. We tried the ribs because they are apparently their specialty. Although the sauce was good, the ribs were as tough as shoe leather. The sides were delicious and the service was good. The neighborhood was a bit sketchy. I don't think I would return if I were in the area again.

There are newer reviews for Dreamland Bar-b-que

Reviewed March 3, 2013

A visit to Dreamland did not disappoint. Everything was tasty and served hot. We tried the ribs, chopped chicken, pulled pork, slaw, mac and cheese, baked beans, potato salad and banana pudding. All were excellent except the ribs, which were rather tough and could have used a bit longer in the smoker. The meats were all infused with a good smoky flavor and the BBQ sauce was very good. The banana pudding made for a good finish for the meal. It was made with cookies mixed in the pudding base and bananas and was very flavorful. Overall a very good experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here several times when in Mobile. The ribs vary from very good to excellent. Old fashioned BBQ place without trappings. White bread with sauce for dipping good prices on ribs and beer. Good service. The banana pudding is good enough to make you cry.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

we arrived at quiting time yet they were friendly and accomodating to us. great meal, great service. not in the best part of town, but never felt unsafe inside the doors of Dreamland.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I once on the interstate going thru Birmingham. There Manger and I discussed access as I was towing a fifth wheel camper. He insisted that I exit at a certain off ramp where I could pull off,and he Delivered my 15 slabs of ribs to my location. So as you can tell,I am a happy happy customer. Who would do that theses days...I have eaten at 3 restaurants,all we're great and my family loves them too.