“Great seafood at a great price”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #44 of 689 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found the perfect quick, casual, inexpensive, southern-style restaurant while visiting Mobile's Tillman Corner area. The exterior of the restaurant is pretty unassuming; looks like a former fast-food joint. A friendly hostess/waitress greeted and seated us. The menu is not huge but it has a good selection. My wife tried the Oyster Po-boy and I the Crawfish Platter. Both of us loved our meals. We shared some and found they were both well-prepared and delicious. The prices were very good overall. The portions were large but the bill wasn't. We will definitely visit here again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Among the sea of fast food sits this gem. Do yourself a favor and try their buffalo shrimp, it totally puts Hooters to shame. In fact, I may never eat the Hooters shrimp again.

This place also has really great raw oysters and a huge menu of grilled, blackened, and fried seafood. We also had hush puppies, new potatoes, and corn on the cob - all delicious.

They serve beer as well (including Yuengling)

Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was the first meal in Mobile after a long drive in. I stopped here because it was close to the hotel. But now that I know about this place, next time I'll be sure to stop in and eat again. I had the blackened catfish which was very good and was served quickly.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good: Great food, good value for the amount of food, great crawfish, great gumbo. I would eat here again.

Bad: Can't think of anything.