“great food and place, must try”

Briquettes Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 682 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Husband picked up some food to-go from here for our anniversary so we can enjoy it at home since I wasnt feeling well enough to go out. we knew it probably wont be as good as dining in and having hot food brought to the table. but we heard such good reviews from several friends we were openminded and gave their takeout a chance. it was a Wednesday night, which at that moment was a night they had a limited special, the steakhouse lasagna. We were able to get the last order and we also ordered a sirloin steak entree with garlic mashed potatoes, onion rings app, and the caesar salad and regular salad. when he got home we opened everything up expecting somewhat soggy rings and a semi-tough steak. but nope, the food all of it was amazing, even the little biscuits that come with it. the steak was still a perfect medium rare and so tender, the lasagna was packed full of braised beef and pork, onion rings still crispy and huge, the onion sauce and the caesar dressing was so good, this caesar dressing is definitely my fav I've ever had, had a kick to it and I love spicy. the flavorful food is worth the price.

1  Thank jade1047

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and i went here for lunch and was impressed with the quality and selection. We both had a shaved prime rib sandwiches one with a house salad and the other with onion rings. Excellent in all respects, taste, quality, and quantity. If you are in the area you should try it. Steaks are the specialty but everything is worth try. They even grind their own meat for their hamburgers.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went on a Friday night after 8:30 to avoid the crowds. We were able to wak right in. Service was good and the wait staff were very friendly. Ceasar salad had a very hot dressing. Not your typical salad. Steaks were really good with a crushed pepper rub. A good selection of sides items to order. If you are looking for a day to try, I would suggest a Monday. The have a special with a 9 oz ribeye and potato for 10.99. We will be coming back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We enjoy eating at Briquettes. It is a small, but stylish steakhouse that offers daily specials and some really nice steaks. The service that we have received has been very friendly and the food has been great. I would highly recommend Briquettes to anyone in the area. Please note that they get really busy on weekend evenings, but the service is pretty quick.

2  Thank Tim W
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived at 5:50 on a Friday and there was a line outside the restaurant. Waited about 40 minutes for a table. The waiting area is very small and there is one table near the entrance and bar and is the worst table to have dinner. Fortunately we did not get seated there. Nice lighting and decor inside the restaurant. Cheese biscuits are served free with dinner but needed a side of butter. My caesar salad had too much garlic in it. My husband and I both ordered the New York Strip. Both were cooked to perfection but the seasoning on mine was inconsistent and a few bites were too salty. My husband said his steak was seasoned just right. My garlic mashed potatoes were really good. The best part of the meal was my seared scallops. Absolutely fantastic! It melted in my mouth and tasted wonderful. Service was also friendly and fast. We will be back.