“Not up to Moe's standard”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #39 of 685 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Located in the upper part of Dauphin along the Mardi Gras parade route in downtown Mobile, this 7400 square foot Moe's Original Bar B Que features a hot nightlife scene with full premium bars, high definition TVs and an entertainment venue that showcases live music from top bands as well as hosts private parties. Mark White's popular fast casual restaurant also features Moe's Original award-winning cuisine, take out and catering for special events.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm a big fan of Moe's BBQ. The Daphne and Orange Beach restaurants are two of my favorite BBQ joints. This one's BBQ doesn't measure up. It lacks the flavor the other places have. It is a nice, friendly, big restaurant. Let's hope they use the expertise we know they have to bring this one up to Moe's standard of excellence.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I hope this BBQ joint was not indicative of all the BBQ in Mobile. Somehow, I don't think it is, and this place should be ashamed of serving pre-made stuff from a can or bag. I had the smoked turkey platter (no brisket here) with baked beans and salad. The turkey was pre-made and served luke warm with little BBQ sauce. Each slice was perfectly cut, indicating it had been cooked somewhere else, put into a bag, and delivered to Moe's for dinner. What a shame! The BBQ beans were nothing more than Van De Camps Pork and Beans served luke warm on a styrofoam plate. I have sampled some good Alabama BBQ and Moe's can't even come close to competing. On a positive note, the happy hour beer specials were great; $1.50 for a 16 ounce draft. After 4 or 5 of these, maybe the BBQ would taste a little better.

1  Thank pulpoeater
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a great turkey plate that had good sides. I will come back when there is music. My partner doesn't like the food because it always make her feel I'll. ( maybe MSG) I don't seem to be bothered with it. The service was good and the price seems fair enough.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I worked a trade show in Mobile and had a chance to catch music @ Moe's. The location was great and just outside the downtown scene. @ door price of concert was $15. Place was reasonably busy at 8:50. Decide to walk around and realized draft beers are only in front bar, so relocated to bar for next round. Big screen TVs were well placed so I could catch an SEC game. Service was difficult to get even sitting close to the taps. Grabbed a pulled pork sandwich on reorder and that was the highlight of the evening. Band scheduled at 9:30, hit the stage just after 10pm. No worries, worth the wait, then realized crowd was not big enough to motivate the band, monitor issues, etc. First set over @ 11pm. So I decided to call it a night. Some awkward caveats, when music starts they close the doors to back area, so if you want a draft back to front bar, WAIT for service, then thru security and back to concert. I WAITED 10+ minutes to pay tab and could not get any service to close out the night, so I left figured they would add a 15% tip and close out AMEX. Just checked card and that's what happened. At least I didn't overtip for terrible service. I generally leave 20+ even for bad service. Next time in Mobile will try again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food was great, we went the first night of Mardi Gras. But the DJ that was playing outside that night was rude rude rude, he blared the music when the highschool bands were going by, People were very upset and it made for bad press for Moe's. I know that they had control over the music because when 2 of the bands came through they stopped the music and applauded the bands. Like I said the food was great, but the rest was rude.