“Wonderful find”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great little restaurant. The burgers are outstanding. The side dishes are incredible and the service is excellent. I would go back here in a heart beat.

1  Thank Patricia S

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food was very good. I had the BLT salad. It was served with a creamy ranch and some kind of thick cut bacon. My husband and I both ordered the filet. I got the brown butter spaghetti squash as a side and it was just delicious. The menu was okay, just nothing too exciting or different. The service was bad in the way that we got most of the attention at the beginning of the meal and then very poor from there on. We had several service issues, but only complained about one. They were all related to our drinks. She had told us we would get 3 glasses in a split bottle and it was only 1 and 1/2. Our next round of white wine arrived 15 minutes later-one was cold the other was not (and we were out of water that whole time). Then we were overcharged for the wine as well! I let it slide because I was just trying to have a good night. A manager visited the table next to ours because they knew the owner or something. We won't go back. It just wasn't special enough...although that squash was Good

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a lovely evening with friends in the interment atmosphere at Union. We sampled the Fried Green tomato appetizer. A perfect combination of tart tomato, perfectly cooked shrimp and wild mushrooms. I enjoyed the BLT salad, followed by the duck flatbread. I could not eat it all, but it was delicious. Union has a nice wine selection with varied pricing. We enjoyed a very nice merlot from Balletine. I didn't get to try dessert this time, but I plan to go back and try the Stockyard burger and a dessert.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Took a friend for a steak dinner in the beautifully restored former Painters' Union Hall. The food was good - steaks, mushrooms and potatoes. They have a good wine selection. The service was great. Will definately visit again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

On a recent trip to Mobile my husband and I met friends out for dinner. Since we were staying in a downtown hotel and enjoying the Dauphin St. Entertainment district they suggested Union Steak House. I was so surprised that it was part of three restaurants side by side and I was delighted that I could order sushi from Liquid Sushi next door as an appetizer. My Husband and his father had steaks, I had a large salad. We were all very happy with all of our dishes and had a great time. The service was incredible, our server went next door to order and get my sushi and the manager visited our table to check on everything. We will go back whenever we are back in town. It seems that the owners have a knack for the restaurant business!

1  Thank MemphistoMobile