“Excellent Indian Food!!!!!!”

Yak The Kathmandu Kitchen
Ranked #69 of 698 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Wel-Come to Authentic Indian Nepali Restaurant Yak the Kathmandu Kitchen will serve delicious culturally rich authentic foods from Himalayan region which includes Nepali, Indian, Tibetan, and Bhutanese dishes at great ambiance with warm hospitality. Our food is cooked in traditional Nepali style with Nepali masala, which is mixture of many spices and herbs from the Himalayan mountains.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This place outshines every other in the area. Mutter Panneer is great. Shrimp Tandori makes me want to eat until I explode. You gotta try the garlic nann. All of the food is fresh and takes a while to get, but it is worth it.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Second day in Mobile I pick up this restaurant, it was a brilliant choice, it was well over any expectations, food was delicious and personnel even better ! I went for a vegetarian dish of Nepal, really good. I took the medium version in term of spicy and I was delighted. When I finished it was basically not possible to get a cab and the lady owning the restaurant offered to give me a ride to the hotel, real south hospitality ! So, if anyone of you for any reason have to go in Mobile don't miss this place.

2  Thank Giuseppe S
Reviewed February 12, 2014

First time there for lunch with a men's group. All agreed it was an unexpected PLEASURE. This ocnsensus included two who don't or haven't eaten this cuisine before, We just had the lunch buffet but it was well populated with some of my favorite dishes: Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Curry, Chicken Tika Masala, and a good variety of vegetable dishes as well as rice and nann.
This visit made me want to come back for dinner.
The TIka Masala was milder than I prefer so I want to see if they can make me cry while eating it next time. The Tandoori chicken was nicely spiced. The vegetable korma and the Saag were outstanding.
This is a real Mobile AL GEM!

1  Thank uphill69
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I can't decided whether to give this restaurant a 3 or 4 rating. I had been hearing raves about this place for months. I finally had the opportunity to experience it and was a little disappointed. I think I was more disappointed in the service than the food. My partner and I went there for lunch and ordered off the menu. Initially we ordered the Lamb Vindaloo and the Lamb Curry. Unfortunately they were out of lamb (even though we got there right when they opened), so we decided to go with Goat Vindaloo and Goat Curry. In addition to the those we also ordered Garlic Naan and Saag Paneer. We were quite hungry but waited for about 10-15 minutes and decided to ask how long it took for the Garlic Naan to be prepared to see if we could possibly have that out first while we wait. The waiter (named Rami) said it took a few minutes to prepare but said we could not get it because it was a side item. Very rude and very taken aback that we had asked. So we waited. All the food was good, not spectacular and not very impressed with the 2 meals. The side items were amazing, maybe next time I will just get those. At the end of the meal we had read on the back of the menu if we 'checked in' via Facebook, that we could get 10% off our bill. After showing Rami our Facebook status he gave us our check stating the discount was on there. We looked at the bill and it was not. We asked Rami again about the discount and told him we did not see it on the bill and he very rudely and very defensibly said it was on there because he put it on there. After much a fuss, he realized that it was not and fixed the bill. I will try to go again but maybe take-out/pick-up would be better if Rami is still working there.

1  Thank cdcallender
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Definitely the best indian food in mobile, my favorite restaurant in the city for that matter. Its delicious. Paneer isn't perfect but everything else is.

1  Thank Brett M