“Never had a CB let me down”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #55 of 680 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 17, 2014

It's what you expect, great food and great service. Prices are always good too, ask for specials because you can sometimes find some even better deals haha.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed May 19, 2014

First, let me say that I've been eating at Cracker Barrel since 1994 and I love CB. I've visited several in different states and towns; however this location does not live up to my experiences and I was terribly disappointed. Two out of our four orders were incorrect and our side dishes were cold or barely warm. I ordered the cheese grits and they brought out a bowl of lukewarm grits with a cold chunk of cheddar cheese on top. The service was just okay, but everyone was very polite. I'm not ready to give up on CB yet, but I will avoid this location in the future.

1  Thank lins878
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I took two of my sisters and niece to Cracker Barrel about 2 month ago. I didn't want to go back to this restaurant due to the bad experience of my husband taking me on my 60 birthday a year ago. The breakfast experience was horrible. I vowed not to return. However, I kept hearing about their lunch and dinner specials, which were compared to Lambert's in Foley. I said no way could anybody beat those fried okras and chicken fried steak.

After ordering lunch, all of us were very impressed. First, walking on the front porch and looking at the rockers and entrance that reminded us of the front porch and lobby of Priester's Pecans. The seating area was very nice, the waiter was friendly, and when we got our food, everyone, including myself was quite surprised of the portions and taste. And yes, I had to try the chicken fried steak and okra. Although Lambert's got them on the okra, the chicken fried steak came in really close.

Two weeks later I find myself back at Cracker Barrel for a take out after I got off work. I didn't know that on Thursdays the menu was turkey and dressing. I asked the hostess was the dressing homemade, who in turn asked the manager. The manager said it was made from scratch. I am an old fashioned cook and I know the difference between stove top dressing and homemade.

When I got home, I enjoyed my made from scratch dressing. That was the best dressing I've had since mine on Thanksgiving. I will certainly be going back along with taking any family member who wants to go with me.

My only sadness is that my beloved husband of 42 years passed two months ago and didn't get the opportunity to taste the really good food that Cracker Barrel offers.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Loved the food, country flavor, the food, the shop with treasures to purchase, and the rocking chairs and checker game out front, and the game on the table.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Great food, drinks, service, and environment. It's always been that way and always will be :)the syrup bottles should come in two, normally because one is just not enough. This breakfast put the Holiday in Breakfast to shame.