“Terrible service but good food.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #55 of 680 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We met for breakfast to discuss funeral arrangements for my father. Several family members met us there. The waitress was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. No drink refills. Very slow to take our order. We asked for a little patience while we waited for additional family members to arrive. Waitress was very RUDE. We complained to the manager and he found another waitress to attend to us. We very rarely complain but this experience was totally unacceptable.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have found there to be little difference between most Cracker Barrels. Generally the service is very friendly and the food good for our purposes. This one was no different--and we didn't freeze in it like we have in others during our travels when the staff (who is usually hopping!) cranks down the a/c. Woo hoo! Overall, a good experience, though it was surprisingly out of the way compared to most that are right on the interstate.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am very disappointed in what will be our last visit to this location. After a movie 7/2/13, out of convenience, we stopped in. We were seated promptly enough. Then the trouble began. We waited for 12 minutes for a waitress to come to our table, and that only happened because I stopped one passing by. We had plenty of time to decide what we wanted to eat so we immediately gave our order and stated to the waitress that we were "very hungry". We were brought our beverages and then 20 minutes later, without being checked on once, I again stopped what is now "our" waitress. She gave the same worn out excuse they always do, "its the kitchen, they are running behind". My wife asked for a clean fork as it had caked food on it. She never got it. She only had a spoon and a knife.The restaurant was barely 1/2 full of customers and 2 other tables in our section that had been seated after us, already had their food and were eating. The manager came out and I minced no words with him. When the food finely 27 minutes after we ordered, mine was wrong [they left off the meatloaf] and was luke warm at best. I refused it and refused any offer the manager made as my appetite was ruined. Look, the food I ordered was already cooked and held in warming trays, My wife used my fork and I watched her eat. The manager "offered" to comp our meal, I explained, that my integrity is that I pay for what I get, his offer was not going to change a thing. Service was terrible, the cleanliness was poor and the food was poor. We will never be back to this location after this is the third time we have had less than satisfactory experiences. My suggestion to the manager is to remember that "Great customer satisfaction means never having to say "I'm sorry"!

1  Thank kjonchef
Reviewed May 26, 2013

So, just because I'm an individual doesn't mean you can ignore your customer once you've brought their food. Also, please don't just set it down like you're in a hurry. They could have checked on me more than once.

Food wasn't cooked to perfection. I ordered something that I requested to be cooked Well Done. It was Medium. Everything else was ok.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We enjoy eating at the Cracker Barrell anytime we get the chance. We recently had to go to Louisville for husband's mom's funeral. We got to have fun at many of the Cracker Barrells between Mobile and Louisville up I-65 and had fun shopping in the store too. Each store has unique items for that area...souvineers from different states. I got a nice blouse at the store in Murfeesboro, TN. and recently had fun shopping at the store here in Mobile too. The Cracker Barrell stores have so many tempting things and so much delicious candy and sweets to choose from too! Always fun to poke in these stores!