“average”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Tampa, FL
“average”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Was driving through Mobile and read the reviews for the BBQ restaurants. I thought Mobile would have some good BBQ, but apparently not. The food was average. I've had better BBQ in cities that are not supposed have good BBQ.

Mobile
“Good barbeque; Friendly service”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Convenient to downtown and mid-town. Good ribs, chicken, beef and pork. Ask for the freshest batch when you order ribs to make sure they are still moist.

Visited May 2012
Athens, Georgia, United States
“I think about this place monthly”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I come to Mobile annually on business and Saucy-Q is without a doubt my favorite place to eat. I live in the South and I've had my share of excellent barbecue. Many of the locals I've encountered like to recommend The Brick Pit or Dreamland. I've been to Dreamland twice (the second time we had little choice - business meeting scheduled there) in three years and neither experience was good. The Brick Pit is very good and worth a visit. However, everyone I've taken to Saucy-Q loves it hands-down. I haven't had anything I didn't flat-out love. The smoked sausage is fantastic. The greens cooked just right. If I could have a thermos of their jambalaya I'd bring it to the counter. The line gets long at lunch so you have to be patient and the restrooms need more care. If those things turn you off, understandable. But I'll be back every year as long as the food continues to be this awesome.

• Visited January 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“Best BBQ in Mobile”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Close to downtown. Quick ordering and serving. Generous portions and fabulous pulled pork dinner. Get the "sauce on the side" and they'll think you're a local. Excellent fries and greens round out a good menu.

Visited April 2012
Buda, Texas
“A must for rib enthusiasts...”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We did a carry-out dinner from Saucy Q this evening and loved it. Two half-slabs of ribs were very tasty, tender, and moist; sides, including fried okra, greens, slaw, and the like, measured up as well. The place itself is easy to find, has parking, and offers a nice friendly atmosphere with basic decor; when I was there to pick up our order, at dinner time, they were doing a brisk carry-out trade with a number of people dining in as well. And you can't beat the prices -- all in all, it was a welcome reminder that BBQ doesn't have to be the cliched over-hyped sort of thing the Food Channel seems to like, but rather can be just plain DELICIOUS. Saucy Q gets our votes --

• Visited March 2012