“Perfect place for dining in Mobile”
Review of Mama's On Dauphin

Mama's On Dauphin
Ranked #28 of 671 Restaurants in Mobile
Franklin, North Carolina
“Perfect place for dining in Mobile”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had heard a lot of good things about this restaurant, but had to try it for myself. I was in town for a convention of Marine Corps Veterans and these guys rolled out the red carpet for us. They normally close around 3 pm but stayed open until 8 pm nightly for us. The food was outstanding and the waitstaff was the best I've seen in a long time. The portions of food was unbelievable, and was not able to finish everything on the plate. I would definitely recommend Mama's to anyone in the Mobile area.

2 Thank GM79707

Spokane, Wa
“Don't let looks fool you”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you keep walking by because of the looks you have made a big mistake! It's clean, staff are friendly and efficient. I haven't had smothered pork chops like these since I don't know when. I was able to cut them with my fork. Fried okra was great and so were the collard greens. My wife had southern fried chicken for the first time and loved it.

2 Thank thegreatdentini
Tampa, Florida
“Good value, basic food”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Good value for the money. Around $8 for chicken-fried steak with mashed potatoes and two sides. Had the collard greens and black-eyed peas. Portions are just right for the average person.

Good, basic home-style food. Everything was satisfactory except for the mashed potatoes, which were not thick enough. I got to try the french fries, which were pretty good.

Service was friendly, but it took too long to flag someone down so we could pay our bill. Still, I would eat here again.

1 Thank mlasp
Windsor, Canada
“A Jewel in Downtown Mobile!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I found Mama's by accident this week while looking for a spot to have lunch in downtown Mobile and LOVED it! It is your quintessential southern diner. Both the country fried steak with mashed and the fish platter (that we tried) were excellent. The service was very good and restaurant is reminiscent of years gone by. Great menu with many choices and daily specials with excellent and fast lunch service. Look forward to a return visit the next time I am in Mobile. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank drummerhill
“Worth getting off the interstate for lunch!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great home-cookin'--hubby had the fried chicken and loved it, I had the red beans and rice which was excellent. Kids loved the mac n' cheese and candied yams. It's only open for lunch, though, so plan accordingly!