“Not what I expected”
Review of Cafe 615 - CLOSED

Cafe 615
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Cafe 615 opened in 2001 with a concept of Casual, Contemporary Find Dining with a Festive, Comfortable Atmosphere with Friendly Service and Food made from only the Freshest Ingredients. Under the ownership of Brad Fuller, Michelle Estes, and Chris Anderson along with Executive Chef Daniel Petersen, Cafe 615 has been recognized for several local and national awards. Additionally, Saturday and Sunday Champagne brunches have grown to be a Mobile tradition. Reservations are highly recommended on the weekends.
Daphne, AL
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I treated two men to Father's Day Brunch. Before I decided on this place, I went to the Website to check brunch menu/pricing, which I found acceptable. Once seated, we were given a totally different brunch menu that was fixed price at $24.99 per person, plus $5.00 each for unlimited champagne. I expected this to be a classy place and it was far from it. I expected the live entertainment to be jazz; it was not. The music was so loud that we couldn't even talk with each other. When the food finally came out of the kitchen, the servings were enough for two people, however, the food was barely warm. Who wants cold biscuits and gravy????? I won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014

Mobile, Alabama
“Much better than the ranking”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Mobile must be brainwashed by the chains. This place has great food and a very cozy atmosphere. We have eaten here several times and it is always very good. You can sit in courtyard, or the very nice bar area or the white table cloth area. The service and good is better than most in town. Go see for yourselves. Highly recommend for a nice meal and good atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Houston, TX
“Unique Brunch”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We dined here on Mother's Day and everything about Café 615 was perfectly wonderful. The brunch menu is unique, something for everyone. You choose your main dish (frittata, prime rib, seafood, specials of the day, etc) and every order includes delicious warm bread pudding, two eggs, biscuit or English muffin, skillet potatoes, and cheese grits. Large, very tasty meal for around $25. They also had $5 bottomless mimosas and the champaigne is served by a champangel. She's fun and pretty and definitely got our husbands' attention. We dined outside, listening to a local musician, on a beautiful day. They also have a make-your-own Bloody Mary bar. All in all, a perfect Mother's Day experience.

• Visited May 2014
“HORRIBLE experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I made reservations for my post- college graduation to enjoy the Saturday Brunch. I had 12 of my closest friends and family there, many of them coming in from out of town. A few members of our party were elderly. I'd been to Café 615 once before and thought it'd be a cute place to bring everyone. Nothing could've prepared me for the embarrassment that was to come... Our reservations were at 1:30, and we were seated on time. (That was the only positive for the day).. As we were seated, we noticed right away that it was very loud like a frat party. They had large parties packed in everywhere. We spent the next 2 hours screaming at one another to have a conversation. It took an hour and 1/2 to get our food. In the meantime, they kept pouring more alcohol in everyone's glasses in an attempt to help people forget about the time passing with no food. (Not even bread or crackers!). When the food finally came, everyone in the whole room clapped. The food was cold and tasted terrible. At this point, we were all starving and would've eaten the plate it was served on. There are only two restrooms there- one men's, one women's. On our way out, my fried was waiting to use the restroom, only to realize someone had locked themselves inside and was passed out from vomiting everywhere. After finally getting the intoxicated woman out, she proceeded to vomit on the walkway outside the restaurant. I was beyond embarrassed. This was not at all how I wanted my city to be represented. When there are that many large parties booked for the day, they should staff and plan better. We all had reservations, so it wasn't like it was a surprise. I ignored the negative reviews thinking my experience would be different. Nope! I normally do not write negative reviews, but I felt the need to share this. I will never visit this place again.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kjsmarley
“We love this place”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you are looking for a great place to have a small wedding, Cafe 615 on Dauphin St. is amazing. My daughter and son-in-law had a ceremony and reception there yesterday and it was amazing. Great setting, terrific food, the staff couldn't be better and the prices were extremely reasonable. It is a wonderful place.

• Visited April 2014