“Fabulous place for Sunday brunch”
Review of Cafe 615 - CLOSED

Cafe 615
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe 615 opened in 2001 with a concept of Casual, Contemporary Find Dining with a Festive, Comfortable Atmosphere with Friendly Service and Food made from only the Freshest Ingredients. Under the ownership of Brad Fuller, Michelle Estes, and Chris Anderson along with Executive Chef Daniel Petersen, Cafe 615 has been recognized for several local and national awards. Additionally, Saturday and Sunday Champagne brunches have grown to be a Mobile tradition. Reservations are highly recommended on the weekends.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had just arrived back in Mobile permanently after almost fifty years away. My first morning here, my girlfriend and I decided to try a 'new' restaurant not far from my downtown hotel, so we selected Cafe 615. I am so glad we did. The service was impeccable, the food magnificent and the drinks potent.

As soon as we were seated (just as the restaurant opened at 11:00 AM), our waitress offered us a choice of bottomless champagne or Bloody Marys. I chose the mimosas and my date took the Bloody Mary. She was provided a huge galss with ice and vodka and shown to the Bloody Mary bar where she could make her own concotion to suit her taste. She loved it and my champagne glass was never more than one sip below the rim before it was refilled.

For the meal, I went with the Grillades and Grits and she chose the Eggs Mauvilla. Both were excellent, the grillades covered in a perfect brown gravy and the Eggs Mauvilla covered in lumb crab meat. Each plate comes with a small serving of bread pudding. The home-style potatoes were also excellent. The food was fabulous and we will certainly return to this place.

Outside on the patio was live music, but it was a little too cool that morning for us to dine outdoors. I believe that in Spring or early Fall, al fresco dining would actually be preferable as inside is small and can get loud with the cement walls, but it has to be a little warmer for me to eat outside. The feel and vibe of the palce was very welcoming and many of the other diners were obviously regulars who were greeted by name by the staff.

There are newer reviews for Cafe 615

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is one of my wife and I's favourite spots for brunch. It's pretty much a set price for the entire menu, and for a few dollars more you can add the never ending mimosa or bloody mary bar. I usually always go for the delectable prime rib which comes with two eggs cooked as requested, home style breakfast potatoes, and a biscuit. My more adventurous wife likes to run the gauntlet and get something different each visit. So far I can say the crab cakes have been her favourite. I love the atmosphere, they usually have some live music playing in the courtyard and just makes for a nice outing for the two of us. This is however kind of a small place and reservations are required for brunch.

Christopher A, Owner at Cafe 615, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. As a new owner, I'm really glad you had a great experience at Brunch. Please let us know if there's anything more we can do to improve your experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Best Brunch ever! Eggs Mauvilla can't be beat . Make your own Bloody Mary or bottomless glass of sparkling wine-take your pick!

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Several years ago I promised to myself not to return there, after having experienced poor service. The atmosphere is very nice, especially in the courtyard, although the poor acoustic inside makes this place really loud, so lots of times the noise shouldn't be blamed on guests who want to have a laugh or two. The food is good. The other night we came in for drinks and appetizers and over the course of 30 min we were forgotten about on two occasions. First - it took forever to get a glass with the beer, after a friendly reminder, and the same happened with silverware, when it was missing after we received the food. However, the check was delivered promptly once we asked for that. I hear so many people complaining about Cafe 615, yet it seems it keeps surviving with its poor service. This time for real - I am not going back ever again.

1  Thank Jana S

Thank you for your review. As a new owner, I humbly apologize if you had a bad experience. We've recently renovated a major portion of our restaurant and have secured new front of house management charged with continuous training and ensuring a pleasurable contemporary casual dining experience as well as high quality service. We hope you approve of the changes and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Cafe 615 is in a nice, older building-the atmosphere is good, and the service was too. I had soup with the Creole Ceasers Salad-both were very good. I would go back.

Thank you for your review. As a new owner, I'm really glad you had a great experience at Lunch, and we're doing more to advertise interesting lunch specials. Please let us know if there's anything more we can do to improve your lunch experience.