“Nice Place”

Bangkok Thai Cuisine
Ranked #222 of 689 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is tucked out of the way on the side of a building and is not obvious from the street in spite of the sign. Well worth looking for. I was greeted in a gracious and hospitable manner and seated immediately. The decor is interesting and tasteful. The waitresses lovely and attentive. The food is outstanding... fresh, and perfectly seasoned. I look forward to returning to Mobile to try more dishes. Try the Spicy Fish for a real treat.

1  Thank CheshireTurkey

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food was marvelous and the atmosphere and service outstanding. The only thing they could do to improve is provide wine/beer. They do not have a license but they do allow you to bring your own.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were driving through Mobile Alabama on the way to Florida Sunday evening and was looking for a place for dinner. I kept my eyes opened while my husband was driving. Out of the corner of my eye was this neon sign that read "Bangkok Thai Cuisine" in a strip mall. Since it was getting late, we knew we didn't have too many choices and decided to take the chance with this restaurant. So thankful that we did. It was delis...
True, on a Sunday evening around 8pm not many diners were in the restaurant, (which always scares us) but there were a few and they seemed happy.. eating away.
The restaurant was totally done up in Thai decor with craved tables and ornate mirrors etc.
There was only one server but he was right on top of things, offering us our choice of table.
Since we are vegetarians (sometimes we eat fish) we always have a seriously hard time finding good places to eat. (Especially in the South, where BBQ rules) so Thai fits the bill usually.
We ordered one veg spring roll and one cold summer roll, . The peanut sauce that came with the cold summer roll was fantastic, I finished up the sauce with a spoon!!
I ordered the Pineapple Curry with tofu, and K ordered the Spicy Fish.
They came quickly and in beautiful serving dishes.
The curry was just hot (spicy) enough to heat my mouth but not burn it, and the addition of the pineapple cooled my mouth. I love that.
K loved his fish, he said it was perfectly spiced (he loves hot hot hot food) but with great flavor.
The rice was sticky and offset the curry just right.
Everything we needed was brought out quickly and was replenished quickly.
We had a lovely meal and if we ever drive through again, you can be sure we will stop and have another great Thai meal.
We have eaten Thai cuisine everywhere and this restaurant is going on my short list of favorites.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is authentic, always fresh, always tasty Thai food. We've sampled Thai food from London to Boston to Paris and still think this is the best we've had.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I placed an order after calling once and not getting an answer (finally got a fast busy signal the first time) for a small soup and pad thai. I arrived later than the estimated 25 min wait and was ignored by the lady at the counter who was obviously looking for a table's check, she eventually came back and asked how she could help me. I told her I was here for my to-go order, she looked puzzled and said sit down while pointing to the waiting area. A little while later a server came and asked what I ordered, checked her pad and then said sorry the kitchen didn't get the order I'm new and we are really busy, do u want to wait to have them make it, about 25 min? I asked if they could do it faster or at least give me a free soup and she came back quickly and said at this point they wouldn't even be able to come up with any soup at all, she said this without any real care that they screwed up, and I just left and headed to China Doll instead-glad to be where I am wanted!