“Great service, horrible food”
Review of La Pizzeria - CLOSED

La Pizzeria
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our Italian stone oven is wood fired with hickory and ash, cooking our thin crust pizzas at almost 1,000 degrees for over two decades. All of our mozzarella, pizza dough and breads are made fresh in house daily. Our seafood is fresh from the Gulf of Mexico, our produce is sourced locally, and our all-natural beef, pork and chicken are from sustainable North American farms. We have an extensive wine list, craft beer list & hand made cocktail menus. We are located in the Historic Leinkauf District in mid-town Mobile in a charming nearly century-old building.
Reviewed December 5, 2009

My friend had an excellent meal, but my Gambeni Limone tasted like it was soaked in lemon. Each bite made my mouth pucker and made the dish unedible. The staff was apologetic and asked if I'd like to order something else, but I wasn't going to wait as my friend was finished eating. The offered to comp the meal, give a free desert and even a free glass of wine, to try to compensate. My friend's food was fair, but nothing special, although her scallops were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed November 5, 2009

I have eaten here once. The service was like we should be doing them a favor. We had fresh mozzarella salad thing and a pizza. Supposedly they make their own cheese here which without flavor and dry and really boring if your looking for taste. Have no need to go back.

1  Thank RestPro
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We attended a group event on Saturday night. We had excellent service and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The food was okay, not bad but not great. We had a pizza and a pasta dish. Prices were fair. The restaurant seems casual to me but that may have been because we were in a side area to our selves. I had an IPA beer that was great!

Reviewed March 5, 2009

Awesome restaurant!! Great food, fabulous atmosphere! Nice gem tucked away in old mobile!! The service is bad thought, either new or just plain rude. If you can avoid a server named Lois then you will enjoy. She is terribly rude and brash!! Try the squash soup and the gorgonzola topped filet!! Wonderful!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook