“Always the best for Steak”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 698 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Glenwood
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've been to several Ruth's Chris around the globe and the service and quality is always consistent. I gave yet to find a steak that comes out sizzling and has the taste like a Cowboy Ribeye. Great wine, great food, great service and killer Bread Pudding.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food was delicious and our server was beyond nice and helpful. I was in town to visit family and we came here to celebrate a birthday, so it was a very special occasion. I've eaten at another Ruth's Chris a couple times before, and each time enjoyed the quality and consistency of the experience and meal (always ordered the Ribeye). Personally, I would pick to splurge on something a bit different, but I feel gracious to the family member who treated us to RC. I would be happy to dine here again for another special occasion.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I travel a lot all over the US - and are big steak lovers. Ruth's Chris is our favorite high end steak chain - above Morton's, the Palm etc. We hosted a dinner with family to celebrate my mother-in law's 80th birthday and selected the Ruth's Chris in Mobile. It is under the same ownership as Felix's Fishcamp - another local favorite. We were not disappointed: both the service and the food were excellent. At our table we had a variety of appetizers - including some new ones - and almost every cut of steak on the menu. No one went away hungry - and they packaged the leftovers very neatly - made for a great lunch the next day!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is definitely a special occasions only kind of restaurant, but it was amazing and I'd love to go back. We thought the location seemed a bit odd, but once we got inside it was very nice. The staff was superb. We went for our anniversary but had our baby in tow. It doesn't seem like the kind of place you would bring kids to, but the staff didn't seem to mind and actually oo'd and ah'd over her. The food was wonderful as well. My husband was in heaven with his filet (and he's a very picky/particular eater) and I was quite happy with my vegetable plate. Everything is a la carte, and just to give you an idea price wise the filet is $39 no sides included and the vegetable plate is $21 for 3 vegetables. The portions were very generous and you do get complimentary bread. The dessert was actually not too pricey. It was about $8 for a crème brûlée. We ordered 2 and they gave us one for free since it was our anniversary. And a little tip if your budget is tight: they don't discourage sharing. Our waitress actually told us the sides were huge and would serve more than one person; so if your going with a few people try eating family style to avoid a bigger bill and a pile of leftovers.

1  Thank Catherine R
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've NEVER been disappointed with the food and service any Ruth's Chris Steak House location. Our steaks were delicious and perfectly prepared. Dinner plates were warmed, hot actually, so the food did not cool down - as in far too many restaurants. Portions are large - Caesar salad, potatoes au gratin, creamed spinach - so they can be shared, which our waiter - Jason - quickly pointed out. His choice of merlot was perfect. His friendly, yet professional demeanor helped make the evening a 10!

1  Thank SDCCexhibitor