“100% OldSchool DFB(DarnFineBBQ)”

Rodgers B-b-q
Ranked #138 of 726 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

On a hairpin street corner with little parking and less pretentiousness Rodger's serves up awesome BBQ and sides and tea sweeter than a kiss from Daisy Duke, IDK.
Ribs as good as Killens, Two Brothers or Nards, maybe BETTER, slathered. Nearly Franklin's level.
I usually take my sauce, if at all, on the side, but I took it on top and liked it. The ribs were that good, and plentiful, 4 long cut easy pull-away from the bone style. Collard Greens, juicy-hot with tender meat chunks swimming in a just right vegetable broth. Peach Cobbler from a recipe you'd want to steal and give to your Grandma just because you want her to have the best. Now, I like a little sugar with my tea, but...this stuff will drop a diabetic at 300 yards. Be warned. Enjoy. You will.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

Delicious!! We stopped by, on our way home, to Fl. Everything on the buffet was very tasteful- ribs, chicken, sausage, baked beans, mac-n-cheese, collards, green beans, etc. Dessert included homemade banana pudding, peach cobbler and cake/pie. Yum!!

Reviewed October 18, 2016

I tried some bbq for the first time from Rodgers...OMG everything was amazing. I love saucy ribs and the baked beans are life changing. I think ima come by today for peach cobbler!

Reviewed July 18, 2016

This place was recommended by everyone who I knew. I went here on the Fourth of July. I can understand a place being crowded, but this place was ridiculous because it was the only place in the metro area opened that day..

There was very little and tight parking, it was 97 degrees outside and maybe 105 degrees inside. The line was out door, so we waited as the line eventually made it inside. Once inside I was shocked that the staff wrote everything down. There were no modern tools like a calculator or computer. That could be why the people in this area loves this place, it is definitely old school and a throwback to 80's.

No one has a dedicated job, they all do everything. Which makes it difficult to order because the person who takes your order may disappear and you may never see them again, so remember your order. Also, the people place phone orders get priority, so you will be behind them.

The food was not fall-off-the-bone type of meat. It as decent, but not great, but they slather the meat, which I like. The chicken and ribs were better than okay, but the sides were nothing to brag about. The cobbler desert was good.

Having to wait more than an hour was disappointing let alone not having great food.

I guess if you're local the food is great, but if you've eaten bar-b-q in more than 30 states, you will find out that Alabama standards is not as high as other states.

Cheers
MarylandVacation

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

I completed a review for the wrong Rodgers. This is the one! The best ribs, they fall off the bone and the sauce is finger licking good.