“Rodgers B-B-Q....outdated and very very slow service....reputation better than food.”
Review of Rodgers B-b-q

Rodgers B-b-q
Ranked #137 of 726 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed July 18, 2016

This place was recommended by everyone who I knew. I went here on the Fourth of July. I can understand a place being crowded, but this place was ridiculous because it was the only place in the metro area opened that day..

There was very little and tight parking, it was 97 degrees outside and maybe 105 degrees inside. The line was out door, so we waited as the line eventually made it inside. Once inside I was shocked that the staff wrote everything down. There were no modern tools like a calculator or computer. That could be why the people in this area loves this place, it is definitely old school and a throwback to 80's.

No one has a dedicated job, they all do everything. Which makes it difficult to order because the person who takes your order may disappear and you may never see them again, so remember your order. Also, the people place phone orders get priority, so you will be behind them.

The food was not fall-off-the-bone type of meat. It as decent, but not great, but they slather the meat, which I like. The chicken and ribs were better than okay, but the sides were nothing to brag about. The cobbler desert was good.

Having to wait more than an hour was disappointing let alone not having great food.

I guess if you're local the food is great, but if you've eaten bar-b-q in more than 30 states, you will find out that Alabama standards is not as high as other states.

Cheers
MarylandVacation

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

I completed a review for the wrong Rodgers. This is the one! The best ribs, they fall off the bone and the sauce is finger licking good.

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

No where to sit...this is strictly take out, but my God it's good. Probably the best ribs I've had in the South yet. The sauce is incredible, the sides are amazing...I suggest the mac and cheese and greens...and the sweet tea is the BEST! This place isn't fancy, but the ribs and chicken speak for themselves.

Reviewed May 11, 2016

I called yesterday to order food for myself and two other people. I had a few questions because their were options that wasn't included on the menu. The lady taking the order stopped talking to me and started yelling in the background to who she stated was her manager "these people don't have their order together is why I'm taking so long, it's her fault" I had a huge problem with that because, one the menu is correct, is why why we didn't our order together and should've a least put me on hold, covered the phone, or even apologized.

Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

Nothing taste better! This is what down south BBQ suppose to taste like, AWESOME! Everyone I come to Mobile, Rodgers will definitely get my business without question. Great side dishes too.