“John's Word”

John's Word
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2016

the few times i've been there have been great.
nice people , good food and loved the place.
i will go there again when its opens back up.

Reviewed November 11, 2015

I have eaten breakfast here on numerous occasions because of its location. It is quite convenient to meet business associates there. The food is okay but the cost is simply too high. I have decided not to go back simply because I am tired of being taken advantage of.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

The restaurant recently caught fire. It is closed or now. Go to the Original Oyster House instead. OOH has a variety offered on their menu.

Reviewed June 22, 2015

I was there with a giant group of people who reserved the restaurant for the evening. You would think that since they knew that there would be a lot of people that they would plan the evening out better and have more cooks and a better wait staff. Instead, there was only ONE cook and a wait staff that did not know what they were doing. It took about an hour before a waitress got to our table and took our orders and it was TWO hours later that we got our food. We only got our main courses but they didn't have our side orders ready. The waitress then brought some of us the bread pudding dessert, but still could not get our side orders. If I wasn't there for a special dinner with a group of people, I would have left. So if you are ever in Mobile, AL, stay away from this place. There are plenty of other seafood restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed June 20, 2015

I have seriously never had a worse experience dining. I was with my husband and 5 other members of our family from age 9 to 75. We actually had fun because we were in constant giggles about how ridiculous the service was. Their menu is impressive with the variety, the problem is that the "chef" doesn't know how to make any of it. Our fish was freezer burned. Our Oysters Rockefeller had inappropriate ingredients in it. Meals came out at random times and none of the staff saw anything wrong with this. We were there for hours trying to get food. We ended up having them knock nearly everything off the receipt because it was inedible. Even the steak was bad. Our waitress had never heard of 'peanut grigio' or 'cabinet sauvignon.' This place does not have a single redeeming feature and I do not know how they are in business. Wait, I do...visitors who are not familiar and are just passing through, who have already discovered that other spots have a long wait to eat. My mother- & father-in-law said that the previous owner had an excellent restaurant reputation and now he has passed his legacy on to family who are struggling. I really think someone should sue these people but I'm not sure if there is a law against being a scam-restaurant. Scam is the best word to describe this place. And I have already been warned that the current managers will harass folks who post bad reviews. I will save this review and repost if I notice it missing. This is information that travelers NEED TO KNOW!

2  Thank Jen M