“Unbelievable”

John's Word
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This story is way to long to write. We arrived at 4:30 and went ot the bar. It was the bartender's 2nd day. She did not know how to make many of the drinks we ordered. We sat down at our table and waited for a very long time. I asked for water twice. One of the people in our party finally went and got water. We waited, and we waited and we waited. The wine list consisted of "Chardonney, Pinto Grigio, Cabernet... You get the idea. We ordered a Cab and they couldn't find it. They finally found a bottle of Pinot and two bottles of Cab. The meal was good. The steak was cooked very well. Other tables, of which there weren't many, were complaining. We asked the waitress what was going on. Two new cooks, one experienced one. Our waitress actually worked the front of the hotel and was just filling in. There was no manager onsite. We asked who she would go to if there was a problem. She didn't know. Luckily, we weren't in a hurry. These are only the highlights.

3  Thank mwb1266

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Was recommended by locals that I could get a great steak here, and they were right. Service was friendly and food excellent, I had the 1/2 Ribeye. Was cooked properly and was what a steak should be. Felt bad though, as it was very slow...it was a Wednesday and they said Friday and Saturdays were better with a live jazz band bringing in the crowd. Was a timewarp inside with WWII area décor and pictures. With the Battleship Alabama next door, it's a fitting ambiance. Stop by and get a meal, and keep this piece of history going.

1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Our party of 10 was the only table in the restaurant, and after over an hour of waiting, we left. The hostess, and I use that term as a title only, after listening to our complaints for the past half hour, had the audacity to chase us out into the parking lot and demand payment for food we never received. She CALLED THE POLICE on us after recording our license plates. This is despite the fact that we left plenty of cash on the table for the 1 drink each we had, as we were not offered a second one. DO NOT GO HERE! If this app would allow me to give zero stars, I would!

7  Thank kknich
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Reserved for 60 people. Ordered breakfast at 8:30, by 11:00 many of us weren't served. My toast arrived 20 minutes before my over easy eggs that were hard. My hash browns were gray. The waitresses were walking in and calling out orders because no one wrote down table numbers or remembered their customers. Syrup got dribbled onto a vacant chair and never cleaned. We exchanged the chair our self so when the person returned they wouldn't be sitting in it. We found out the manager arrived to work at 10:30. You have a reservation of 60+ people coming in at 8:00 that morning, and no manager?? The hostess took my complaint. The bacon was good, that's all I ate and that's all I paid for. Total disorganization and poor training of their wait staff. I'd be embarrassed to say I own this place. The waitresses were trying very hard and did apologize. However, this fault lies with their supervisor for poor training skills and management (ownership).

5  Thank RavenMouse
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This restaurant used to be known for it's excellent food and atmosphere. The woman and her kids that are running the place have run off all the good cooks, waitresses , and atmosphere as well as Mr Word's tradition of excellent food and service. You'd get better service and value at a truck stop.

3  Thank Minky20