“Name changed to Captains Table Restaurant - AVOID THIS PLACE!!”
Review of John's Word - CLOSED

John's Word
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

AVOID THIS PLACE!!
We went here on our way to the USS Alabama. WORST restaurant experience in last 4+ years! Obviously set up to take advantage of tourists visiting the battleship...
10 minutes for server to arrive at table to take order. 25 minutes to get orders.
Grilled Cheese - Burnt
Crab Cakes - Mush
Mashed Potatoes - Cold
Soup - Room temp.
Fries - Greasy
Bread Pudding - Inedible - my kids ALL refused to finish this and Bread Pudding is their favorite dessert!!
At the end of the meal, I went to the hostess station and I told her about the problems...Silence...When another server asked what was wrong, the hostess said we were complaining...silence again.
Never again.

7  Thank Craigs93

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We met our group at 10:30 a.m. and spent about 30 or 40 minutes greeting each other. A room had been reserved for about 35 people but when 38 showed up we were short about 8 or 10 places. Breakfast or lunch was available by the time they began taking orders around 11 a.m. It was 1:30 p.m. before we were served! The servers were not organized to say the least...they didn't know who ordered what and were "yelling" across the room calling out names or what was on the plate they were holding...you would have thought you were at McDonalds! While the folks at our table seemed happy with their food I did hear complaints from others that it was not so good. I do not reccommend a group party at Word's b/c they don't seem equiped to handle it. This is the second visit I've been there with a group and it was the same both times. On a positive note...its nice and clean and most likely a good place for couples, family or business meetings. We won't be going again!

3  Thank Bertha F
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The entire experience with this establishment was awful. I will not waste much time with this review, as there were NO REDEEMING qualities for this place. The wait staff could not have cared less that we were there; so SERVICE was nonexistent. The food was terrible, to the point that there was no sense even attempting to finish eating it. I actually don't even want to think about this place anymore so I will close this review.

2  Thank SouthernVoiceBiloxi
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was just looking at some of the reviews from last year. Sorry to say that things haven't changed ... I think the staff are still hired from Zombies r Us. No emotion from the server and they didn't seem to care that we were at the restaurant. The food is overpriced (my two sons had buttered noodles at $9 each) and although my blackened steak bits were fine, my 8 year old noted that even I could do better rice!

As my wife said, it's pretty bad when you don't eat the free (comes with the entree) desert. Don't waste your money unless you have too.

3  Thank James E
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Would not go back. Service was so bad had to ask for a straw 3 times. After almost a 30 minute wait, the food came. My son's broiled fish was smothered in some sort of cheese that looked like globs of velveeta and my crab cassrole was oiley and had no flavor. I think it came out of a can. When offered the dessert that "comes with the dinner" we declined....Yes, it was that bad.

3  Thank Patterson H