“Disappointed”

Aztecas Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #57 of 693 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Aztecas Restaurant & Cantina is devoted to bringing people together to enjoy delicious authentic Mexican dishes. We are driven by a passion for our craft, devotion to excellence and dedication to upholding the best quality standards.
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Came in solo. Was not greeted at door. Bar is sticky. Sat at bar, 4 servers/bar staff standing around looking at their phones, no one greeted me.
Once I was acknowledged a few minutes later (btw, I was only patron at the bar), the bartender took great care of me.
Food was ok.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Nice close to the highway , real Great food , service good , close in the heart of city , very good restaurant ,service excellent , reasonable price

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good service, food, and atmosphere. Prices are very reasonable when I have been there for meals. I'm going tonight for dinner and will prepare a separate review for this but I would not be going back again and again if I were disappointed!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

There was plenty of food served but nothing very tasty. Not bad, just not particularly spiced. The greens accompanying my taco had something slimy on it, grossing us out. The server was terrific, warning us that one dish ordered would not make a full meal as intended. We appreciated that, as well as his promptness with refills. Atmosphere was fine but the food kinda let us down. Maybe that is what locals here like?

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We found this place directly across the street from our hotel (best to drive though, you have to cross a busy highway).

Standard Mexican menu. We were served by Melissa who was very professional. Meal was typically good, nutritious and filling.

Was full but still received fast and attentive service. Our tab came to $21.07 including a single beer.