“Wonderfully Surprised”

Aztecas Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #59 of 671 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Wonderfully Surprised”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Visited on March 13, 2012 for dinner. In town for business for the second time, a year apart. Did not go my first time and now I think it was a mistake. The atmoshere was very nice, the service great and food was great too. It is the tipical Tex-Mex but well worth a try. The have a patio and live entertainment but I ate inside. My only complaint would be that the combination dinners on the menu did not have all the items I wanted on one dish. I had a Burrito, Taco, Chile Reno, Tostada and a side order or Tamalis. I enjoyed them all. Next time I'm in town there I will be going back again for sure.

• Visited March 2012

Independence, Missouri
“Mexican in Alabama”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Dinner one Saturday night around 5:00 while staying in Tillman's Corner. If you're a smug Southwesterner, you might not be sold on the taste. On the Southeastern scale, you'll likely not find better until you hit the LA/TX border.
Service was quick and efficient. Our waiter was not a particularly engaging, but did his job effectively. Refilled my drink without asking.
Food (burrito) was good. Chips and salsa were provided; salsa was mild, but flavorful.
No live music, but they do play mariachi music from a recording. Music is pretty loud on the patio. Of course, when it's 98 degrees, the patio isn't your likely landing zone.

• Visited May 2012
Topeka, Kansas
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Food was great.....chimichanga was delicious and ample portions!!!

Visited May 2012
Petersburg PA
“Very good Mexican food and the price was right”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Order was taken quickly and food came hot and well-cooked. Lots of selections on the menu.

Visited March 2012
Houston
“No thanks...”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I was driving back from a road trip to Florida & stopped in Mobile for dinner. I randomly picked out Aztecas...I sure wish I could go back in time & choose again. Our server did her job well...I can't complain about her service - although the employees that greeted us seemed very inconvenienced at our arrival, i'm not too concerned/upset with that as long as the food is good. That brings me to my issue....the food. I order an enchilada dinner & a chili poblano and my friend ordered a steak quesadilla...all of the above were simply not good. I literally ate enough to satisfy my hunger & walked away from at least half of each dish. So, although the service wasn't anything special...I can't really knock the restaurant operationally - I just feel like it's literally the least enjoyable mexican food i've ever had.

• Visited January 2012