“Average”

Ranked #43 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
fun4oli
“Average”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

An OK though plain run-of-the-mill chain hotel room. Not too expensive. You can walk the three blocks to Dauphin Street where the (moderate) evening action is, if you don't mind that the area is deserted at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

me and my family of six stayed here and the carpet was nasty the room was musty and to top it off there was a broken drug pipe where my 3 year old could have easily found and cut himself.............PLEASE NEVER STAY HERE this is a drug infested hotel with wierdo's hanging everywhere

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank tbuckley
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Knowing that the hotel was being renovated, I expected a few problems; but not the ones I experienced. First, when I checked in, the desk clerk just looked at me when I got to the desk. I finally asked if I could check in. Seems I interupted her conversation. The room was okay for the price; but the toilet was stopped up! I was moved to another room upstairs. After about 30 minutes, I realized that the air conditioner was not functioning; only blowing warm air. Again, I was moved. This rooom's air was also not functioning. There were pubic hairs in the bathroom floor and in the tub. I gave up and just resigned myself to accepting it. I called the manager when I got back home. I was offered a reduction on my charge card for the two nights' stay. It has now been three weeks and this has never materialized. The staff is friendly and they try to be accomodating; but the facilities have a long way to go before I would stay there again.

• Liked — Location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Problems with plumbing and air conditioning!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
alabama
Reviewed May 21, 2007

I arrived at the Ramada in Mobile for the State Tennis Championship Tournament. Our childs coach booked all the rooms. She also booked parents rooms who drove their children from Arab and wished to stay and pay for their own room. We stayed in room 237. It was supposed to be recently remodeled. I was shocked at the filth. I have never , ever stayed in a filthier hotel in my life. The first thing I noticed was pubic hair in the bathtub. Other types of hair were on the floor beside the tub and in the tub. The floor was so filthy, it was like walking on pancake syrup. My feet literally stuck to the floor. I have to wash my feet and put my shoes back on. You could not stand on the floor barefoot, even to just change clothes. The pool outside was full of lava rocks and scum. None of our girls went swimming, although all of them brought bathing suits in anticipation to swim. This was the filthiest hotel I have ever seen. I cant believe you allow the Ramada Inn to put their name on this flop house. Someone needs to call the health Dept. We had no time to book another room as practice started immediately, and matches began at 7:00 am the next morning. I would have stayed elsewhere, however, I relied on the Ramada name. My room was booked under our coach. However , each parent paid for their own room. You could not pay me to stay at this place again. Also, although I had do not disturb on my door, housekeeping, came in my room when we were gone anyway. A coach had someone steal some expensive medication from her room. This is just not acceptable. I cant believe Ramada calls this place a hotel. I can deal with an older hotel or a cheap hotel. This was filthy and unsafe. Most disgusting place I have ever spent the night in.

• Liked — no pros
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kingroofing