“Perfect!”
Review of Kitchen On George

Kitchen On George
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchen On George is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 691 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Welcome to Kitchen on George A new restaurant in the heart of Mobile's Historic District. If you enjoy fresh, contemporary American food in a casual atmosphere, Kitchen on George is for you. Our menu features dishes that can be enjoyed tapas style in small plates or bowls, or as traditional entrees. Here, you'll notice fresh, bright and delicious flavors of the region since locally-sourced ingredients, when available, are a priority. We have a great selection of wines and cocktails, too! Enjoy dinner indoors or on our patio. Kitchen on George is located on the corner of George and Savannah Streets in the historic Oakleigh Garden District.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Saw the #1 rating and had to try it.......incredible food and service. The chef stopped at every table to inquiry and ensure that all patrons were pleased with their meals. An impressive dining experience, would definitely return for more. In addition, the restaurant was beautifully designed, well decorated and very cozy!

1  Thank whutchins1

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We called ahead to get seating at this restaurant and we were seated as soon as we arrived. The décor was very trendy in this gem of a restaurant. They serve farm to table foods and the staff are in different stages of food management/chef training. The Salmon with Brie salad was incredible - and the duck breast was cooked perfectly. I am not sure where the chefs will go after they have their training there but they will surely be an asset to that restaurant.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

A must place to eat when in Mobile. One of the best meals I have ever eaten. My wife and I both had specials, flounder was awesome.

2  Thank Todd B
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had to go to this restaurant as it was rated #1 on Trip Advisor. What a gem! They boast of local food and the salad I had was simple but large and extremely tasty. I also had the special that night of red snapper on top of ratatouille. I savored every bite! It tasted so fresh and delicious.
I did not have room for dessert but what I heard about sounded great as well. This place is definitely worth going to! I can't wait to go back to Mobile to eat there again!

1  Thank amzak
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Kitchen on George has very nice ambiance & good service but it's the food that is outstanding. It is located in the historic district of downtown Mobile and easy to locate. Four of us recently dined there while on vacation & each declared what was a superb meal they had. They offer small plates (or tapa style) which is perfect for anyone counting their calories or like me - just not a big appetite. I do not often get so excited over a meal but I'm still raving about the blackened shrimp with grits & goat cheese I had at Kitchen on George. Loved our visit to Mobile Bay & Kitchen on George helped make the memories even more special.