“Awesome Middle Eastern food (and hookahs to boot)”
Review of Aladdin's Purple Cafe - CLOSED

Aladdin's Purple Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Daphne, Alabama
“Awesome Middle Eastern food (and hookahs to boot)”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have had a soft spot for good Middle Eastern food since days as a student back in New Jersey, and was thrilled to discover this spot in Mobile. I favor the vegetarian plate (hummus, tabouleh, baba ghanoush, etc) when I have Middle Eastern food and I highly recommend the version served here. I was surprised that I enjoyed the falafel, because honestly I've never understood the appeal. Turns out that I hadn't had falafel prepared as well as they prepare it here. The menu selection is varied and looks delicious.

I haven't been when they have the hookahs, but it looks like fun.

• Visited February 2013

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Food, Best Greek and Lebanese”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

A co-worker recommended this place to me. My husband and I ate here after a Mobile BayBears baseball game. It was open until 2 AM on Friday night. Perfect for a post-game meal. I had the best tabbouleh ever and the most delicious chicken schwerma wrap. I have never had Greek and Lebanese this good. It is also a hookah bar, but there is a nonsmoking section. Try it. You will love it too.

• Visited July 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great Food! Best Greek and Lebanese”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Nashville, Tennessee
“Blown Away”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We were traveling through Mobile and decided to stop and find a place to eat that wasn't a chain. The cuisine may be obvious to some by the name but it was not for us. We were thinking a cafe with sandwiches and salads. Boy, were we mistaken. In a good way.

The hummus was fantastic - some of the best I have ever had. Greek salads were spot on with ingredients and flavor.

Go. Now. What are you waiting for?

• Visited January 2012