“Stolen souvenir”

Motel 6 Mobile North
Ranked #55 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night on the way back from Orlando. The floors were dirty and the clientele were creepy people. Definitely not the kind of place I would be willing to stay at for more than one night. There was less than half a roll of toilet paper in the room when we arrived, presumably left over from the guest before. Our room had two queen sized beds, obviously a room for more than one person, yet there was one towel and one wash cloth.

We left in a hurry early in the morning. I know, FOR A FACT, that I left a souvenir from Disney World in our room. I called and offered to pay for it to be shipped to my house. They denied having found it. Thanks, Motel 6, for crushing a kid's heart. I will never stay at another Motel 6 anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank WhiteRabbit83

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Manager is rude and hateful. The rooms are half torn up. The manager lied about me rather than fix the problems of noise, she also charge me the regular rate rather that the weekly rate I had agreed upon. My credit card was not returned to me at check out. The management is horrible, horrible,horrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank raenee
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We did an extended stay for 2 weeks. They only checked our room twice and it took 5 hours to get linen back on our beds after stripped. Never cleaned bathroom! Took 1 of 2 trash cans out. Not to mention roaches in the room! Nasty!

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank mysticrelation
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mobile North, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear mysticrelations,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness, maintenance and unsatisfactory service issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are note consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. We encourage your contact our guest relations department to report your experience so may serve you better in the future: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Honestly I've traveled a lot in my life and I often stay at Motel 6, so this review is hard for me. The woman checking me in said there was no bedspread on the beds in this room, but she could send up the maid. I told her that we didn't need the bedspreads, because it's summer and it's hot and that's not a big deal. We checked in with our dog and the room seemed fine. We quickly put our stuff down and went to grab some food. When we came back, we were sitting in the bed with the tv on when I saw a bug on the end table. I live in the south, we have a lot of bugs. So I killed it. Then we saw a couple more, so we killed those. Then I decided to see where they were coming from. We shook out the phone book and nothing happened. Then we decided to lift up the end table, when we did...about 50 tiny cockroaches scurried out all over the place. I immediately called the office and the new lady that was working (different than the one that checked us in) told me to come down and she would change our room. She immediately switched our room to a different floor. We thoroughly checked the new room, even lifting the end table and there were no more bugs. There was the re-patched fist hole in the bathroom door, but then I just started to notice every little detail. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep and the mattresses in both rooms were awful and pretty much just springs with covers. The staff both at check in and changing our rooms were nice and polite, but anytime you stay in a room full of bugs, it's going to be a bad experience. And no, they didn't refund my room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NolaDru
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very basic, but ideal for such a short Trip. Easy CheckIn and the Staff there did speak english. Room was very basic, but in the usual Standard this Hotels have mostly and we could sleep well there. There was a small choice of Breakfast, but we did not make use of it, due it had to be paid extra. We can recommend this, for short Stay. For longer Stay, maybe it will be too basic and boring

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seabluetraveller
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Once again. This is a Motel 6. It is what it is. The front desk staff was friendly and the room was adequate. The motel appeared to have had a few upgrades, but the housekeeping staff needs to do a better job. I tend to carry some cleaning supplies when I'm traveling, and this time I did need them. The fixtures and tables were good, but the floor was quite dirty. But, I have still seen worse, and with the newer no carpet flooring, it was easy to clean. The wireless did cost a few dollars, but it worked really good. Overall I got the sleep I needed and enjoyed my night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CJ A
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Although there was a police officer in the parking lot when I arrived, the grounds were well-lit, it was quiet (for a Friday night), and there were no problems. This place is conveniently located off the 65 and the speed and quality of the front desk staff was outstanding. My room was clean and tidy.

Room Tip: I had room 106, right around the corner from the front desk on the north side of the bldg.