Motel 6 Mobile North
$105
$159
$154
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed there this past Saturday night. Was first surprised by the linoleum floor in our room, but the roaches the place is overrun with show up really well on it. You can count the springs in the beds just by looking at them. The towels had a lot of afro hairs matted into them. The wireless costs $3/day per device and is crappy quality. Then there are all of the questionable characters hanging around and up all hours doing who knows what. The Days Inn next door is $20 more, but, WORTH IT. I'm not picky, I'm cost cautious, as long as it's clean, bug free and safe, I'm pretty satisfied, this place....................ROACH MOTEL, we killed many, made for an uncomfortable sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank debdefender
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We arrived at the motel 666 and the room was not ready even though it was after the 2:30 check in, we had to wait 30 minutes while they cleaned the room. We "tried" to enjoy the pool, however we were surrounded by pot smokers, smoking pot right in the open at the pool. The pool limit was 10 people, but we counted up to 22 "mostly unsupervised children" at one point, with no parents in sight. My 16 year old daughter was acosted by a 50 something year old man as she tried to get ice, he tried to lure her in his room and handed her flowers he picked from the yard. He said he lived on site and loved having women in his room, and went on to say how the friend he made there and drank alcohol with was recenty arrested for molesting a 3 yr old baby that cops actually found in his room at the Motel 666, the child was injured and the man was arrested, again this man said he "worked" and "lived" on site, and he TRIED TO ABDUCT MY CHILD!!! We complained to front office night manager and all she offered was to "move" us to a new room. On this same night, we watched as police were called and a drunk man was escorted off the premises. We wanted to leave, but because it was Memorial Day, nothing else was available, so we had no choice but to stay. Around 2a.m. someone started banging on our door, we were scared and did not answer, they finally left. The next morning we left early and went to the beach and stayed all day, Upon return a party was going on at the pool (our room overlooked the pool) and there was drinking, drug use, and loud rap music playing, and again all kids at the pool, some teens and maybe one adult, we complained and again, NOTHING! We went in our room, and around 30 minutes later we had 2 Mobile police officers trying to break down our door accusing us of holding a big drug party! Incredulous, we let the officers in and much to their surpise, they saw a 41 year old Mother in her gown, and 2 children (16 & 9) and a 45 year old Father eating grapes and watching TV...needless to say they had they WRONG room...We just could not believe all the bad stuff that happened, so the next morning at check out we told the daytime manager, who apologized profusely and gave us a refund for one night, she was very nice, but this could never make up completely for the horrors we had witnessed... Unless you smoke a lot of crack and like that kind of criminal atmosphere and do not care at all for your safety I would NOT recommend Motel 6, I mean Motel 666!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Risha H
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were on our way to Panama city and since Motel 6 allows dogs we figured it'd be the best place to rest up and relax before heading into Florida. BAD decision. This place was nasty from the very start. Granted the price was good but the room was filthy. When we got to our room (which we waited for them to clean) the TILE floor was still wet from being mopped, so I decided to grab one of the white towels and wipe up the floor. OMG the towel was black with filth. The room was suppose to be totally updated...we had a dinky little 18 inch TV, the walls were freshly painted but it looked like a Five year old painted them. The ceiling had places where water had leaked and the paint was actually blistered and pealing. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty more motel 6's in Mobile. Even driving a little farther would of been smarter then staying in this dump. Oh and did I mention the Meth heads hanging outside their rooms trying to bum cigarettes from other guests? No that's a whole other story and I don't have space to go into it, just beware of the filth and meth heads if you end up staying at this dump.

Room Tip: for this hotel the only tip I can give is DON'T stay here. Keep driving.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mojojojo2768
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We needed an inexpensive one night stop on our way to Orange Beach and on a whim picked here. BAD choice. I have stayed at Motel 6's before and know they are not meant for luxury but this place was horrible. Nasty room in what seems to be a bad part of town. Car alarms went off all night outside our room and the husband kept getting up to look out the window. Terrible night, terrible place, don''t stay here. Scary

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I tried to like this place because the staff is friendly. However, the rooms were below average on cleanliness. There was a bug of some origin on the counter and a hair of some provenance stuck to the shower wall. The kicker was, however, that the maid completely forgot to clean my room. When notified, the staff apologized and offered new towels, etc.; however, a cleaning of the room was a service that's expected and paid for and was not done. The other issue is that the rooms were noisy thanks to the very busy I-65 being practically next door. I guess it is a Motel 6 so that's to be expected. Just bring ear plugs. There was also some sense of sleaziness in the place as the first night there was a cop cruiser parked in the parking lot with its headlights on all night. Not sure why, but hopefully it isn't because the motel is a site of frequent disturbances and the cops want to keep an eye on it. Also, there was a car with a completely bashed windshield and completely rusted hood parked in the lot as well. At first, I thought it was an abandoned car but I noticed it was moved the next day to another spot and so must have belonged to a guest or to staff. Other than that, though, the neighborhood around the motel seemed like a decent suburban neighborhood with the usual big box stores, chain restaurants, and regional mall and so was overall a decent place to stay a few nights.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family