“Excellent for the money”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Me & my cat on 700 mile a day trip.Called around 9 pm and Vincent very helpful . Booked me in Grd Flr no amenities but less than $ 40 incl tax. Called at 12.30 am recon firmed with Felicity ? No problem but Grd Flr was poolside not open to car. Arrived 3 am Felicity offered Handicap room Grd Flr park outside. Wow that was such a help. A/ C in room worked well bed was great, shower good , and room was quiet and clean. Also elec outlets by bedside table 4 of them & 2 switches in wall for sconce lights. i was in Pig Heaven. What else do you need? Got late check out and hit the road pleased and refreshed they were nicer than a lot of $200 hotels I've stayed at

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank YnClass

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Reserved this hotel on the motel 6 website for a 2 night stay. When we got there to check in (at 5pm) there was a very drunk lady sprawled out on the lobby floor crying about how she couldn't find her debit card and a sign saying "be back in 10" . We decided not to stick around... Luckily, Motel 6 allows you to cancel your reservation until 6pm the day of arrival with no penalty. We called and they were very nice about canceling our reservation.
It's a cheap motel and the people staying there reflect that. Choose accordingly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Caitlin W
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I travel with a dog, and because I resent having to pay pet fees, and because Motel 6 does not charge a pet fee, I stay at quite a few facilities in this chain, so I consider myself somewhat of an "expert" on them. I always try to check TripAdvisor for advise, and when I had to be in Mobile, I did just that. Of the two Motel 6s in Mobile, this one seemed to be the best bet. It was Ok, all in all. Room was clean. Price was reasonable (on par with Motel 6 prices other places), bed was Ok. Plenty of "green space" to walk the dog. Seemed to be a lot of "residents," and they were a little loud at night, but it was bearable. A lot of "night activity," People slamming doors, cars coming and going. I did not feel unsafe, but it was a little annoying. No evidence of bed bugs, though. Staff was very nice and helpful. Not my best Motel 6 experience, but I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 4:15 AM on 1/1/13, after spending New Year's Eve in New Orleans. I asked if there was such a thing as a 4:30am check in. She shook her head and said we would have to wait until after 5– as in 45 minutes in order to get a full day in. If we checked in now, we would have to be out by noon. We were both exhausted, so we rented the room anyway. It was $45 for two twin beds, no appliances, no bathtub and mattresses that came off the Mayflower.

At 8:00, I went to get a cup of coffee from the office and there were styrofoam cups, about 4 ounces, of coffee. I asked the manager if we could have a late checkout due to the fact that we didn't get in but 7.5 hours before check out. He said we could, but didn't offer any revised time. I noticed the dust bunnies under the bed and insect remains in the corners, but finally got a few hours of sleep. Around 1:00, a house keeper poked her head into the open door and asked "Is y'all 'bout ready to check out"? I assumed she was waiting on me to leave before she could go home, so I threw my stuff in the Jeep and headed out. I think I'd have done better to sleep at a rest area.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank EastCoastMarc
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This Motel 6 is located conveniently. The exterior of the motel looks nice. The interior of rooms are a bit worn but not bad. I stayed several nights in a row, housekeeping made bed and emptied trash, but didn't do much else. Needed sweep and mop and bathroom cleaned but didn't get it during a multiple night stay. That's my biggest complaint. Was ok overall.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TheAllenFam
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's a Motel 6. The rates are extremely low, so don't expect much in the way of amenities. The room was clean. They actually have an elevator, so I didn't mind not being on the first floor. They've been "refreshed", so they have faux wood floors. I didn't care for the tiny shower stall very much, but for $35.99 it's not a big deal.

Room Tip: Even if you are by yourself, get a double. There always seems to be more room in a Motel 6 double.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank advocon
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Property renovated to the no carpet model which I like very much. No microwave or fridge in rooms. Limited cable channels and pay for use WiFi. Shower booth with curtain as opposed to tub and shower. They have water restricted faucets that cause the water to splash all over the place. House keeping needs a way to get under the beds with mop, broom or vacuum. Great staff.

Room Tip: Police sits facing front office overnight if you're paranoid. Property is kinda back away from...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business