Rodeway Inn
$189
$184
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Mobile(Mobile)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
Agoda.com
All reviewsbeautiful pooltillmans cornerwould stay here againrooms are cleanmotel6housekeeperaccommodations
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 4:15 AM on 1/1/13, after spending New Year's Eve in New Orleans. I asked if there was such a thing as a 4:30am check in. She shook her head and said we would have to wait until after 5– as in 45 minutes in order to get a full day in. If we checked in now, we would have to be out by noon. We were both exhausted, so we rented the room anyway. It was $45 for two twin beds, no appliances, no bathtub and mattresses that came off the Mayflower.

At 8:00, I went to get a cup of coffee from the office and there were styrofoam cups, about 4 ounces, of coffee. I asked the manager if we could have a late checkout due to the fact that we didn't get in but 7.5 hours before check out. He said we could, but didn't offer any revised time. I noticed the dust bunnies under the bed and insect remains in the corners, but finally got a few hours of sleep. Around 1:00, a house keeper poked her head into the open door and asked "Is y'all 'bout ready to check out"? I assumed she was waiting on me to leave before she could go home, so I threw my stuff in the Jeep and headed out. I think I'd have done better to sleep at a rest area.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank EastCoastMarc
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This Motel 6 is located conveniently. The exterior of the motel looks nice. The interior of rooms are a bit worn but not bad. I stayed several nights in a row, housekeeping made bed and emptied trash, but didn't do much else. Needed sweep and mop and bathroom cleaned but didn't get it during a multiple night stay. That's my biggest complaint. Was ok overall.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank TheAllenFam
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's a Motel 6. The rates are extremely low, so don't expect much in the way of amenities. The room was clean. They actually have an elevator, so I didn't mind not being on the first floor. They've been "refreshed", so they have faux wood floors. I didn't care for the tiny shower stall very much, but for $35.99 it's not a big deal.

Room Tip: Even if you are by yourself, get a double. There always seems to be more room in a Motel 6 double.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank advocon
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Property renovated to the no carpet model which I like very much. No microwave or fridge in rooms. Limited cable channels and pay for use WiFi. Shower booth with curtain as opposed to tub and shower. They have water restricted faucets that cause the water to splash all over the place. House keeping needs a way to get under the beds with mop, broom or vacuum. Great staff.

Room Tip: Police sits facing front office overnight if you're paranoid. Property is kinda back away from traffic. I did not feel unsafe at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the above motel on a drive cross country. At 2:00 a.m. a call was put through to our room (obviously without the operator verifying which party/name the caller was trying to reach). The man identified himself as Ron Henderson, the Night Manager/Auditor there at the motel. We were sleeping and obviously disoriented. He said there was a problem with our credit card and we needed to come to the office immediately. My husband got up sleepily and started to get dressed to go down to the office, but I maintained they could deal with it in the morning as it was cold and in the middle of the night. We went back to sleep to be awakened 15 minutes later by the phone again. This time the man stated, "you said you would come down to the office to get this taken care of and you haven't. Either you come down or I will have security escort you off the premises." This worried my husband and angered me. He had grabbed his wallet and was ready to head to the office at 2:15 a.m. when I called the front desk and a woman answered. I asked for the night manager and it was a Debbie. I asked about the name Ron Henderson and they didn't know anyone by that name. I asked why 2 calls were put through t our room at that time of night and the operator said she figured they knew us although they had only asked for a room number. They made no move to advise us what to do or to send someone out to check on things.
The next morning we complained to the office when we went to check out. We figured out that is was probably criminals who sit in parking lots and call rooms to lure people out in the middle of the night unsuspecting. I was concerned that if my husband had gone out they could have robbed or killed him. They obviously were watching our room or wouldn't have known we didn't go out and head to the office. I can only imagine what would happen if someone fell prey to that scam.
The motel staff was not concerned in the least, nor did they apologize for putting through the calls. They didn't call the police or give us any assurance they would address this attempted scam/robbery/crime. I wrote to corporate and was given what amounts to a pat on the head that they are concerned and appreciated my notification. If you don't care anymore about your customers, and will put through random callers in the middle of the night to set someone up to be possibly killed, I believe you need to be sued!

Room Tip: Beware....especially if you are put in the back of a motel. This could be a new scam and if motels such as this are not concerned, you need to be yourself.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple