“Danger - They set us up to possible be robbed or worse!!!”

Motel 6 Mobile West- Tillmans Corner
Ranked #48 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Arizona
“Danger - They set us up to possible be robbed or worse!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the above motel on a drive cross country. At 2:00 a.m. a call was put through to our room (obviously without the operator verifying which party/name the caller was trying to reach). The man identified himself as Ron Henderson, the Night Manager/Auditor there at the motel. We were sleeping and obviously disoriented. He said there was a problem with our credit card and we needed to come to the office immediately. My husband got up sleepily and started to get dressed to go down to the office, but I maintained they could deal with it in the morning as it was cold and in the middle of the night. We went back to sleep to be awakened 15 minutes later by the phone again. This time the man stated, "you said you would come down to the office to get this taken care of and you haven't. Either you come down or I will have security escort you off the premises." This worried my husband and angered me. He had grabbed his wallet and was ready to head to the office at 2:15 a.m. when I called the front desk and a woman answered. I asked for the night manager and it was a Debbie. I asked about the name Ron Henderson and they didn't know anyone by that name. I asked why 2 calls were put through t our room at that time of night and the operator said she figured they knew us although they had only asked for a room number. They made no move to advise us what to do or to send someone out to check on things.
The next morning we complained to the office when we went to check out. We figured out that is was probably criminals who sit in parking lots and call rooms to lure people out in the middle of the night unsuspecting. I was concerned that if my husband had gone out they could have robbed or killed him. They obviously were watching our room or wouldn't have known we didn't go out and head to the office. I can only imagine what would happen if someone fell prey to that scam.
The motel staff was not concerned in the least, nor did they apologize for putting through the calls. They didn't call the police or give us any assurance they would address this attempted scam/robbery/crime. I wrote to corporate and was given what amounts to a pat on the head that they are concerned and appreciated my notification. If you don't care anymore about your customers, and will put through random callers in the middle of the night to set someone up to be possibly killed, I believe you need to be sued!

Room Tip: Beware....especially if you are put in the back of a motel. This could be a new scam and if motels s...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
11 Thank TamiPowell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

The clerk gave us a room key. Wouldnt work. Bf had to ho back and leave me surrounded by its sketchiness, alone. The door started jiggling... From the other side. Scared me.. But thought it was the clerk reprogramming it from office. He tried the other key... Light was switched on. Finally they gave us our own room filled with hairs around the sink, toilet, shower, and bed. Sheets clearly werent washed. Gross. Dont stay there !!

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Tmrichardson
Daphne, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

We were enroute to Daphne, AL and wanted a motel that could accommodate our two dogs, plus have no carpeting. Motel 6 fits that requirement and we had stayed in Motel 6's from Williams, AZ after we have picked up our vehicle which had been shipped from Honolulu, HI. It was a long drive from L.A., CA to Pueblo, CO, then down to Daphne, AL. We appreciate the fact Motel 6 has "refreshed and remodeled" most of their motels, and we look forward to staying in one again in January. We don't travel long distances without our two dogs, and we appreciate that Motel 6 loves animals too! Thank you Motel 6. Mrs. Whitfield

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ferris1948
hiwyman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

Drive a truck & had to stay over nite. Very convenant to get to & park a truck.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2007

First, I like Motel 6. Usually a clean simple room for a good night's stay for a good price. This one was a real disappointment! Check in was through a bullet proof window (at 5:30 P.M.) The credit card was double billed then a credit was issued but they wouldn't give me a copy of the original. The room was dirty with the remnants of where someone had been sick in the restroom. We had it cleaned but the rest of the room was in need of service. The shelves were dusty, walls chipped and the occaisional bug. They offered to move us but my wife pointed out that at least we knew the bathroom in this unit had been cleaned. I will not be back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Unsanitary
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank TransplantedBuckeye
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2007

My family and I stayed overnight at this Motel 6 recently. It's located at a fairly busy exit, so it's a little noisy, but not too bad. We stayed in a first-floor room (had reservation). The front desk clerk (actually a housekeeper filling in) was polite, courteous, and responsive to room requests and my questions about the local area.

Like other Motel 6s, the room itself was quite small, but functional. Our room had a shower stall only. I wish the room had separate chairs and a table. The double beds seemed comfortable for my taste. The room was clean.

I might stay there again, but only for overnight.

• Liked — Shower had excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water
  • Disliked — Condoms in the lobby vending machine
  • Tips/Secrets — Have your driver's license and vehicle tag ready during check-in
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2005

This was the worst place for our family to stay. We were only there one night and that was way to many. We arrived early and checked in, no problem. We got to our room on the second floor close to the elevator and the stairs, fine. Once in the room though there were crumbs all over the floor and the table, and the restroom light didn't want to come on either. We called about the light and they said they had been having problems with it to just leave the switch on and it would eventually come on. We left to do what we had to do and didn't come back until about 10:30 pm. When we got there their were men walking around the parking lot. We went to our room and started to get comfortable to finally rest after our trip. There were lots of noises coming from outside talking loud and laughing-most likely people coming off the elevator or stairs. We started to put our children to bed and turned on the cartoons for them. Suddenly my husband and I heard strange noises. We put the volume down and then quickly put it back up a little loud. There were noises coming from the room next to us that we did NOT want our children to hear. We fell asleep with the t.v. on just to be safe. We left early in the morning like six or so and it was finally nice and quiet. Needless to say we will not stay there again, next time we go on a trip we will check them out here first.

• Stayed November 2004