“Great Disc Golf course”

Chickasabogue Park Alabama
Ranked #26 of 76 things to do in Mobile
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This park has a nice disc golf course… not just 18 holes, but I believe 27 (we played 18… they either have 27 or 36). Helpful staff, but a little off the beaten path.

1  Thank Huntersville

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I work in Saraland and I live in Mississippi and we had to work a month long turnaround at the plant I work at. Normally its an 80 mile round trip so I decided to bring my travel trailer to Chickasaboque since it was the cheapest park and was only 15 minutes from my work. People who work the park are very nice. Park is very clean and there were no trashy people while I was there. There is a limit on how long you can stay, so homesteaders and snowbirds will have to go somewhere's else unless they only stay for a month. I stayed for a month and never had any problems. One thing I like best about this park is that the campsites are spread out. You're not camping on top of each other like at other parks. There are plenty of trees for shade and most of the campsites are separated by trees for privacy. I had to sleep during the day since I was working straight nights and I slept well. The RV loop has full hookups with 50/30/20 amp service. There is no cable or wifi but you can pick up several channels via antenna because you are close to Mobile. Each campsite includes a fire ring and picnic table and the site I had was very level. I didn't even have to raise either side of the trailer as it was already level. They have a few bathhouses scattered around the campground and they are clean. They also have a small coin-op laundromat with new washers and dryers. The park is pet friendly so long as they are kept on a leash. For summertime there is a large swimhole on Chickasaboque creek as well as a boat launch. There is also a disc golf course that's open year round as well as fields for other sports. A very large picnic pavilion is available for rent by the swimhole as well as smaller pavilions. Overall it is a great place to stay and I will be back for our next turnaround.

5  Thank gcrebel60
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This park was slightly difficult to remember its location. Once we found it, it was like visiting a childhood memory. The park has many features for a family. It is a campsite and has large recreation fields for baseball or soccer, some playground equipment at areas, and a great swimming area. Especially on a hot day, a cool creek hits the spot! The swimming area has a very nice changing room/ bathroom facility. The river is cordoned off with buoys showing where the swim zone is. You can rent a canoe and paddle down the river. Boat launches are also available in the area. I think the office has a small snack bar area, but I am not sure. It has plenty of areas to have a picnic and hiking trails to explore nature. Overall, the swimming is the main attraction for this site.

4  Thank Brian G
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I tent-camped here for a night when passing thru town. The campsite was very nice and private - spacious, surrounded by trees, electricity and water at site, and nice clean bath houses.
The only drawback - it's right by the interstate, so I heard traffic the entire time I was there. It didn't keep me awake, but it kept me feeling like I was in the city.
Make sure you take cash or check, they don't take plastic.

6  Thank Lori S
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm local and used to spend time out there. Now every time I ride my bike, camp or take a stroll on the trails I come back with 10+ deer ticks on me. No more! The place is very pretty but they need to do something to control the tick situation.

15  Thank bamagrl1027