See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

We have been here three weeks with pets. We pay in full and don't bother anyone! We have had to move room's twice because of a bad breaker and a.c.. We have also had to have a refrigerator switched out... We have seen a broken meth pipe and syringe two days back to back and not said a word! Tonight after fishing with my family we come back and I need new room keys. I go into the lobby and it smells like weed. I say something about it and the employee up front laughs and tells me to talk to the manager. I talk to the manager and tell her everything and she says I smell like beer and I am wrong! Hello it's my off day and I pay my money in full!!!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Lucas L
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at both extend a stay's (dauphin and now Tillman corner). The extend a stay in Tillman's corner far surpasses the one on Dauphin in every way. I checked in around the end of December, there was a little confusion because I booked online (fault was on the website I used) immediately the matter was taken care of by staff. The front desk allowed me to view room to make sure I was happy with the accommodations. Dee the manager of this hotel went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable. She has done miracles with this hotel. The extend a stay on Dauphin street I would see drug deals, prostitutes or people intoxicated, front desk was rude except for one gentleman....shady to say the least. The one in Tillman corner I witnessed NO drug activity, prostitutes, front desk clerks (Darnisha) were friendly & also went out of their way to help. They even walked my grandmother to the room when she arrived. Extend a stay needs to promote Dee to clean up all their hotels. Housekeeping (April & Dru) came by everyday and asked if we needed anything (fresh linens, towels). April ("Pink") swept and mopped everyday except for the days we said we were okay always with a smile on her face. I want to thank all the staff for a wonderful and memorable experience for the first time at a extend a stay.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank erikas1234567890
Reviewed December 29, 2017

WHAT A DISGUSTING HOTEL. We stayed there only because it was late and we were very tired. When we were trying to check in the desk clerk was having an argument with another guest, that should have been the sign to RUN. The room was disgusting after being told by the desk clerk it was good. There were people drinking, yelling and fighting most of the night. The bathroom was terrible needed cleaning. Room was small, not a suite. The bed felt like a board sitting on a spring frame. Pictures on the website are not of this hotel as it is today.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2017

I stayed at this motel from the end of Feb. til the 4th of March for a total of six nights. I had stayed there when it was the Red Roof Inn for 21 years before it changed hands and it went down hill from there. It has changed hands at least one more time before becoming Extend A Suites so I thought I would give them a try. I was in room 103 next to the office. The room was comfortable with a hardwood floor. It had a full sized fridge/freezer, a microwave and a flat screen tv. The air/heat worked well and was quiet. The motel is in the middle of a major upgrade from the way it was when they acquired it. I visit Mobile at the same time each year and I will be there again in '18. They have security seven days a week who can be reached if needed. The employees are very courteous and helpful and make you feel welcome. They have a lot more work to be done but the rooms are worth the money and the rates are below most of the neighbor motels. I will see ya'll next year.......and thanks.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank macsjoy
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

If you are on business or with family, run someplace eles. This place has a lot of meth users and prostites. I was approached by a man trying to sell me both. I don't understand if you are in business for change this should become your business change. I am staying at Holiday inn and they approach me from extended suites. I watched there and notice trafficking in and out. Terrible. They should just tear that place down. Its bad for other luxurious hotels right here. Get new staff as well or a manager that knows how to manage .

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
barryea1000, General Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

I would like to respond to your posting. As you state you are not a guest at our hotel and are having issues where you are staying with people approaching you. I don't understand how you relate these people to guest from our hotel. I would contend that maybe the people approaching you at your hotel are an issue you might address to the management where you were staying.