“NOT a good place”

Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner
Ranked #52 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Rooms are par..Needs attention and some HEAVY cleaning and upkeep...Watched a drug deal go on in the parking lot. Vehicles cruising the lot slowly ...It is next to a Holiday Inn which we should have stopped at....Room smelled musty...carpet was damp...bed looked liked the covers were just thrown on there. Bathroom was semi clean floor had not been swept tub and shower were clean. TRASH left on floor by toilet and near mini fridge that needed a good cleaning....Will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room at this location
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank txgal1096
There are newer reviews for Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Sheets,dirty, mattress cover worse/bloody, pillows bloody, roaches, mildew on bathroom ceiling, scum in corners of where tub meets wall, carpets not vacuumed(pet hair all over & nail clippings, pet hair on furniture, replacement sheets were full size for a king bed (twice), . lucky I had sheets and pillows with for camping, microwave sounds like a dog barking (don't know if that's safe). I guess its good its pet friendly because it would make an OK dog kennel but not much for a hotel. Will never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Room Tip: find any other hotel or rest area, I kept photo's for evidence if ever needed but not posting th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John L
MobileSouth, General Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello,
I am sorry to see that our Inn did not meet your expectations. I assure you, corrective measures will be taken to investigate and ensure your concerns are handled quickly and efficiently. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 251.666.1044, so I may look up your reservation and we can discuss this matter and resolve to both our satisfaction. We would certainly like an opportunity to earn your business back. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family stayed at this motel overnight during the July 4th weekend.
As a Red Roof Inn Redicard member, I've looked to Red Roof Inns as a low-cost, clean, comfortable lodging option that allows pets. Of all my stays with Red Roof Inn throughout the country, this stay ranks as the worst, by far.

We stopped in Mobile to recharge for our return home. Realizing this was a holiday weekend, I reserved a room at this Red Roof Inn in advance. I had finished driving from Texas for the day and was too tired to change rooms.

On the bright side, the two staff members (PM desk clerk and AM desk clerk) I encountered were friendly. This motel has easy access to Interstate 10, and there are several dining options, gas stations, and two grocery stores within about a mile of the motel.

Unfortunately, the problems encountered during our stay far outweighed the positives.

Among the issues:
- A "Back in 10 Minutes" sign greeted me at the night window at check-in (at 5:30PM); the lobby was locked (the PM desk clerk did arrive 10 minutes later)
- Mildewed, water-stained ceiling in the room
- One of the hotel directories provided in the room had a squished bug on the back cover
- Dirty, stained, and worn furnishings, including a mysterious brown stain on one of bed sheets
- Cigarette burn holes in a bedspread ... in a non-smoking room
- A musty smelling room, likely attributed to a filthy a/c filter
- A broken bathroom door hanging on 2 out of its 3 hinges
- Brown spot stains inside the refrigerator
- Brown crusty stuff (not rust) on the bathroom sink faucet
- A TV, which out of its 20 channels, had mediocre to no reception on a third of them
- Rude motel guests who shouted and slammed doors at 2:15 in the morning
- A threadbare towel with a hole in it
- Only coffee option in the morning was decaf ... at 7:30 AM

Don't take my word for it - look at the pictures.

As a result of sharing my concerns and pictures with the AM desk clerk and Red Roof's corporate Guest Relations, my stay is being refunded.

Room Tip: Select a room near the front office; inspect your room closely and request another one if necessary.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank duckman66
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I made reservations on our way down from the Red Roof Inn location book. It was the closes Red Roof to where we wanted to go in southern Alabama. We reserved it for two nights. Upon arriving we noticed it was not in a very good area, we had drove 9 hours and was tired so we got our room and went in. First impression, not so clean, not like other Red Roofs we stay in! We put our luggage down and went to get a bite to eat. We returned and watched a little tv then decided it was time to get some rest. I looked up and asked my husband what was on the wall. He got up and looked and said it was a roach! Just then another came crawling out!!! I jumped up and told him we were leaving!! I went to the front desk and told the lady I couldn't sleep in a room with roaches cancel our reservation!! She said she did, I'm still waiting to see if it is taken off my card. We drove another hour and tried four other hotels before getting a room at another hotel!! I usually love Red Roof Inns, and recommend them to others. This was THE WORST Red Roof I have ever stayed in and we have been in several!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Mobile AL Red Roof Inn!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jo N
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hello,
I would appreciate it very much if you could contact me directly at 251.666.1044 to discuss the specific details of your stay, so that I may immediately and appropriately address any of your concerns. Thank you, Brenda Mathis, General Manager.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff was nice, but it took a couple tries to find an acceptable room. House keeping needs to be sensitized to odors, stains and linen conditions. These are a barometer of a place that needs more attention that it's getting.
The appliances were noisy as was the activity outside. The attendent ran the place like a trooper (in the good way) but could have used an occasional security tour throughout the night.
There were no bedbugs, but there was definitely some flea activity.
I don't know how the guests are during the week are, but the weekend crowd is pretty rough and if I was an older person or un accompanied woman I would probably feel uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Get there early to inspect as many rooms as it takes to find an acceptable one. Stay elsewhere frome...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mitch P
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I really regret you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your feedback is an important teaching tool and I have already addressed the issues you stated with the team. Please, feel free to contact me at 251.666.1044.
Again, I thank you and hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I needed a quick place to crash while on a road trip. I figured I could try a cheaper hotel since I was just using the bed. The carpet has a fair amount of debris on it, so I imagine it was not vacuumed. The Formica counter tops are deteriorated. There is leftover toothpaste in the sink. There are also several, large cigarette burns on the bedding. It was a good thing I had a sleeping bag in my car. I gave it a "2" instead of a "1" because the 80's decor has a lot of signs of wear, it is still intact. The rooms seems it was lazily wiped down for me, but by no means cleaned. Again, I gave it a little extra leniency because it was only about $45/night, so it is slightly to be expect. There are, however, much better rooms for the same price across the street. I remember them from another time I was passing through. I should have stayed there instead.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CharlestonReviewer
MobileSouth, General Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Mobile South Red Roof.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After spending 2 months of travel this Hotel ranks the worst in every way except for the staff. From outdated amenities to loud obnoxious guests yelling all night and the feeling of having keep your eyes on your car all night so you can continue your trip the next morning. Parking lots need repair and are full of debris and trash. This Hotel is supposedly on the slate for an overhaul this year. They need to start NOW!!!!!

Room Tip: Another Hotel until this is updated!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CWU56
MobileSouth, Manager at Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mobile South Red Roof.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Very truly yours,