“Extremely disappointing...”

Extend a Suites Mobile Tillmans Corner
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I arrived with 37 teens and 7 chaperones on a school trip. We stayed one night. Check in took forever. The clerk stated "I don't know how to do this" and we had to wait for another employee to arrive. This seems to be a place where people live long term. Some of them seemed "sketchy" at best. My girls were subject to "cat calls" from some of the tenants. The rooms were dirty and smelly. One room had a SYRINGE under the mattress and the same room had soiled sheets. I was committed to the place because I could not get a refund. I was worried the entire night for the safety of my students. Red Roof Inn is usually a good place to stay..but I will stay away from this one.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rosapaul1475

Reviewed May 29, 2011

When I first got to Hotel,I got a very nice welcoming and found out that I could get the weekly rate which saved me a few bucks, I didn't have to ask for it. So I found that very fair and nice. When I got to my room it was clean,had a king size bed,TV, coffee pot and a nice size desk to work at. The bath room was clean so I felt that this will be fine while I was attending a class for 5 days. I really didn't feel safe at night out side my room, there was alot of things going on out there I wanted nothing to do with, but that is really not the hotels fault, it was just the guest that happen to be there when I was. There are several restaurants in walking distance, but I recommend you drive to them, alot of riff raf going on at the gas station, Other then that, for the money it was a good deal and I will probably stay there again,if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Absolute Horror.
First Impression at check in. What is this? But OK. I am already here.
Into the room. Carpets, wall papers, chairs and etc are so old, edges of carpets and wall papers were rolled up.
Matresses were so old, I felt springs on my back. So OK. I am definitely checking out the next day.
Then, FINAL BLOW! First, I thought they were black dots or marks on the ceiling and walls, then, they started to move. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roaches!!!!!!!
Checked out right away. Need I say more?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank paulyhong
Reviewed October 9, 2010

me my sister and her boyfriend stayed here october 1-3rd 2010 while attending bayfest. it took us about 20 minutes to get checked in. random people was just wandering around the parking lot ... very scary not enough lighting... staff seemed very unorganized. the attendant didn't even tell me where my room was located. i had to find it on my own. ice machine was broken. beds were very uncomfortable. roaches in my room.... we needed more pillows and were informed they didn't have anymore. we had ran out of towels so we called the front desk and asked for some more and we were informed that we would have to come get them ourselves. what ever happened to service??? there wasn't even a clock radio in our room. the safety latc on the door was broken. VERY UNSAFE!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stay at the Red Roof Inn South the first week in March every year. We have a pro wrestling reunion, The Gulf Coast Wrestling Reunion, which has been in existance for 19 years. The Red Roof Inn has been the motel of choice for all of those 19 years. This year was my 16th and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Usually it is a sellout. Next year we are hoping for a large turnout for the 20th. The management and employees know most of us by name which gives us a warm feeling as soon as we enter the office. We are on a first name basis. I want upper management to know that we all look forward to our visit each year. In fact, most of us make our reservations for next year when we check out.. I certainly hope that those employees who bend over backwards to make us comfortable get the recognition that they deserve. That includes Brenda, Tina, Emma and all the others that I can't name due to a Senior Moment.
Many thanks for letting me ramble but I mean every word.
Looking forward to next year.
Mac McMurray

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I was headed for the beach for Thanksgiving & I had booked online from Lafayette, La and arrived about 8 p.m. on a Saturday night.
Difficult to find & GPS didn't help.
Lot's of "sketchy" people in parking lot which was poorly lit. A couple of "girls' were hanging out in the lobby and also wandering around the property. (Get my drift ?). Police DID drive through while I was checking in and they scattered.

Room was shabby, AT BEST and smelled of tobacco (Non-Smoking ?). I asked for new pillow but it too smelled of tobacco.
But I was able to get the WiFi working.
I did NOT leave anything in room while I went up the street to eat dinner. There ARE several good restaurants nearby.

Heard voices going by window constantly for most of the night and put chair in front of door.
Stayed at the "Numbered" motel across street on return trip.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2010

only thing wrong with this motel is it needs to update mattresses. Friendly, helpful staff, clean rooms.good location

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business