“Absolutely Horrendous!!!”

Ranked #57 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Los Angeles, California
“Absolutely Horrendous!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I booked this room rather quickly via the "Hotels" app after discovering that my flight out of MOB was cancelled and automatically rebooked for the following day, due to bad weather at DFW. I ended up paying almost twice the rate displayed on the banner on the front of the hotel. Unfortunately, what I paid via the app is "non-refundable". The lobby was equipped like a bank branch in a bad neighborhood with cameras everywhere and a hole in the class to conduct transactions. I had requested a non-smoking room only to find that once I arrived to my room, the smell of smoke permeated the place. Also, the bed had a broken box spring and sagged in the center and the bedspread had cigarette burns all over it. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in some time, there was a substance splattered on the wall next to the microwave and refrigerator which was rusted out at the bottom and the bathroom made a public toilet look like a luxury facility with the mildew stains and finishes cracking away from the tub and to a more extreme degree, the bathroom sink. I went back to the front desk to complain and was told that since I was "in the room for 10 minutes already", they "could not change my room". The woman at the desk handed me a bottle of air freshener for the smoke and sent me on my way. DO NOT BOOK HERE IF YOU WANT REASONABLY ACCEPTABLE ACCOMMODATION. The Motel 6 up the street would have been better experience and was the same locally advertised rate!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank DCHill111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am so furious not only with this hotel, but the other hotels along this strip that I may never stay in Mobile again. Upwards of a dozen hotels in this belt line area flash rates of $39--on their signs, in coupons, on billboards. But when you go to check in, suddenly those rooms are 'unavailable'. This hotel GUARANTEES $39 (see pictures) yet when I arrived after midnight last week, pulled into the hotel parking lot that had less than 6 cars visible, they had the effrontery to tell me that the cheapest room was $56 a night! I tried 6 other hotels in the same area--same story. I think it's time to get the Mobile Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau involved!!! I'm writing complaints to both groups.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Phledd
Concord, California
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The rooms were small. A car got its tail light smashed in the parking lot sometime between 12 and 4 in the afternoon the second day. And the first morning we stayed a guest was arrest in the parking lot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lilboochiemb
Wilton, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We are traveling all the time. We check multiple sites, we read all reviews from the various sites, go to the actual motel website and frequently call the motel before making reservations to check on review data and price quotes. We suggest that to others as well. Mr. Jay Patel, GM, was very friendly on the phone, assured us the room we wanted with the rate desired and we got what we expected. The room was very clean, we were asked frequently if there was anything further they could do for us. It was just a two night stay and I loved the sheets and blankets. How comfy! We slept well. The room was very suitable. It wasn't really spacious but for the price we weren't expecting that. But it had the amenities we need and we were quite pleased.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ruthandvern
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked at the corporate web site only to discover rate at hotel was advertised 39.99 guaranteed. My militRy rate at 62. Arrived 815 and clerk made me pass credit card thru a pass thru in a glass window. Other web rate at $50. AC didnt cool made for a rough night in the southern heat. Clerk would not honor advertiswd rate at the property. Give thought bwforw staying at thos property. There are other motels with reduced rates up and down the beltline drive

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was the worst experience in a hotel that I have ever had! This place is the definition of roach hotel and I would never recommend anyone to stay here ever! The bathtub was so dirty I decided not to take a bath as was the toilet. The bed was no where near comfortable and felt dirty to sleep on.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Toriann1023
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here August 8,2012. Awoke at 330 am to find I had been hammered by bed bugs. I had checked one side of the mattress when I checked on, and the other when I went to sleep. I forgot to check the corners. By 4 am I'm showing the girl at the front desk live bed bugs. She tells me that a manager won't be in for 2 days to get my money back. I told her she had until 8 am to get someone to call or I would start letting everyone on the review boards know about there problem. Obvioviously no call. I will be in front of the hotel tonight with a sign warning people.

• Stayed August 2012